Multi-Tasking

Multi-tasking is Godly. Seriously, think about it. You would have to be so talented, so disciplined, so determined, and so involved in whatever you’re doing to be able to multi-task. And who is better at multi-tasking then God?
Think about it. He has to pay attention to billions of people, and hear/respond to their prayers. He gets to know each and every one of us personally, and knows us better then we know ourselves! He also has to make the future. And all that is just here on earth. He does all that in addition to whatever He does when He’s running heaven. Lets face it; God is the best multi-tasker there is.

Now here’s the big question: can we, as humans, multi-task? I Googled it, (because when in doubt, look it up on Google) and I found a link on how people think they’re good at multi-tasking because of all the technology we have, (we can send e-mails while talking on the phone and play games/text while walking and talking to our friends). However, research shows that that can be deceiving.

When people think they are multitasking, they’re really not. The research from the article (check out the link below) says our brains can switch from function to function very Very VERY quickly, and it tricks us into thinking we are capable of multi-tasking. However, that is not true multi-tasking. Eventually, our brains can get overloaded with the many functions we perform “at once.”

So there’s the scientific aspect of things, but what’s the Biblical aspect on multi-tasking? Ecclesiastes 4:6 says, “Better is a handful of quietness than two hands full of toil and a striving after wind.” Meaning it’s better to have one hand doing something while the other holds peace. That’s better then to have both hands doing chaotic things at once.

Have you ever seen a leader, or someone in charge of something, who just has to do everything themselves? Have you ever noticed that people who do that generally create chaos? Nothing ever turns out the way it’s supposed to, and eventually they need to accept help in some way shape or form. No one can do that many things at once unless they’re God.

So can we multitask? Kind of. Can we multitask successfully? No. That’s not our job; let’s leave it to Him who does it better then us.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God
-Philippians 4:6

guard-girl said...
Nice job :)

CNBono17 said...
Loving this:) Nice work @Swim4Him24