I am dead. | Teen Ink

I am dead.

By Sabrina Kim BRONZE, Weston, Florida
Sabrina Kim BRONZE, Weston, Florida

My last heartbeat echoes through a long and dark tunnel. The vibrations sent from my last pulse reverberate throughout my entity- no longer a body, but not thin air either.

I feel like I am moving with a wave, towards a healing warmth ahead of me. There is no light, but the sensation sent from in front of me tells me I am safe. 

I hear a voice in a tongue I do not know, but the fluid words surround me like a warm winter's scarf. The song of words is the distilled essence of a sparkling chord played by Heaven's symphony. This soothing call of a ethereal being lets me know I have reached my new beginning.

My Earthly self is nothing in comparison. I am beautiful. I new kind of beautiful where the size and proportions of my fleshy sarcophagus are unimportant, but the radiance of my soul are all that remains.

As I ascend from Gaia and her nurturing embrace, I continue to walk in an unknown direction, following the traces of a warm breeze. There is no pressure in my feet as they are no longer there. In fact, there is no longer pressure anywhere. I am almost an apparition, without the urge to haunt, solely to move forward, closer and closer to the warmness in front of me.

I float into the void without longing, without suffering, and without regrets. My previous consciousness is no longer of importance.

I am above my humanity.

I am dead. 

My creative writing teacher asked our class to write about what we thought death was like after watching the movie "What Dreams May Come", featuring Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr. I hope people will not view death as the end, but as a peaceful trip where Earth's burdens to not matter anymore.