Expository Essay | Teen Ink

Expository Essay

By KDizzy21 BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon
KDizzy21 BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon

As people grow up they start to think about what career they want. Without a job it would be difficult to support themselves and their families. Ever since I was nine, I've been thinking about what I wanted to be when I got older. Now that I am older, I've narrowed it down to three jobs. These three are professional dancer, photographer, and an employee at Hot Topic.

My first option would be a professional dancer. Dancing has been my passion since my first class when I was 10 years old. It has always been my way of letting go of stress. Dancing, for me, is my happy place. When I dance, it's like nothing else exists in the world. It's just me, the music, and my heart. Every Tuesday, I have dance and I'm always excited to go because I'll be in my happy place for an hour.

If dancing didn't work out, my next choice would be a photographer. Taking pictures is a fun way of art. Being able to capture moments like a picture of the sunset or a person posing, I think is pretty cool. Having the option to capture moments like a person getting married or that special first kiss and other memories like that, would be fun to do. If I was a photographer, I'd easily be able to say I love my job!

My backup plan would be to work at Hot Topic. It is my favorite store because the workers and customers are so nice and friendly. For me, thats a quality for working somewhere. Its one of my job choices because it has my favorite things with my favorite bands like 5 Seconds of Summer, Mayday Parade, and Tonight Alive. Hot Topic is unique to me because it's the only store I've found with my favorite things and bands. It connects to me by just about everything in there. The clothes in the store make me happy because it's all my favorite things put on shirts, bags, bracelets, leggings, and other things. If Hot Topic was my job, I would love to go to work everyday.

Overall, These three jobs; professional dancer, Hot Topic employee, and photographer are my ideal jobs. Dancing is a very fun and enjoying way to let go of stress. Taking pictures of special moments is, to me, amazing. And Hot Topic would be a very relaxing job. As I said, these are my ideal jobs. There are many other options out there, but these are my ideal jobs.