Jesus the teacher | Teen Ink

Jesus the teacher

By JazzyBurner SILVER, ChiangMai, Other
JazzyBurner SILVER, ChiangMai, Other

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

What are teachers for? They help us every day giving us more knowledge that gets stored in our heads. People actually should be thankful for teachers for all that they teach us. Without teachers, there wouldn’t be counselors, to help with family or friend issues, judges, to see the innocent and guilty ones, doctors, to treat people with the right medicine, or engineers, to build our homes that we are living in right now.
If you haven’t noticed that “teach” is the root word for teacher, I just taught you something new. “Taught” is the past tense for teach. The point is I’m trying to teach you something new; I’m trying to be a teacher. I’m only 13 and I already suck at it but at least I’m trying. I know a story when a child went to the temple and was talking to the Pharisees. He was only 12 years old. The Pharisees were surprised by the knowledge that this boy had but later the boy got in trouble for not telling his parents where he was. This boy was Jesus. It’s amazing how as Jesus grew, he became a teacher who inspired and taught a lot of people about the word of God. Some teachers don’t inspire people depending on the teaching methods that they use. Students find it boring if the teachers don’t put any emotion or interest in it but somehow Jesus’ teachings attracted so many people and that disturbed the Pharisees. Jesus wasn’t only a teacher but also a friend to the people that needed love. In Matthew 19:14, even though he was teaching, he still gave the children love and developed a relationship with them because Jesus loves the little children. Only some teachers only want to do their job so they don’t connect with the students. In 5th grade, when I had a friendship issue and I couldn’t deal with it alone, my teacher was right beside me. Then later, the issue disintegrated. It was really helpful for me to have a teacher by my side because I couldn’t deal with it alone. That time my relationship with Jesus wasn’t that strong so I only thought it was my teacher that was helping me, but later I realized that my teacher was like an angel that God sent. As I look back during those days, I can tell that Jesus was with me I just didn’t realize it. He taught me that I can’t do everything on my own and depend on myself. I need to depend on him.
Jesus is the true teacher that you need to listen to because he knows everything. He wasn't just a teacher who just preached 3 years of his life; he also sat down with people and just became their friend.