Oblivion

Oblivion:state of being forgotten: a state of being completely forgotten

People believe in a various amount of things. There is a heaven; there is a hell. There is an afterlife or not. People are also highly frightened of things. There is a fear of spiders, (Arachnophobia); there is a fear of gaining weight, (Obesophobia). But there is a fear of oblivion. And I believe that that is one of the worst fears one can simply fear. Oblivion is like drowning an ocean; an ocean filled with many creatures and occupied with cheerful kids splashing in the water. And yet you are drowning. And nobody can see you, nor hear you. However, you are still there. Grasping for air, yelling, screaming, drowning. And you can see them all; having a normal day. You are looking at them, not looking back at you. And you are forgotten. Its almost like you were never here. You leave no trace behind on this world, besides your floating body. Nobody knows your name. Your name isn't imprinted in multiple textbooks. Your name simply only appears in the obituary. And I am not positive I want to die, because I have not scarred an impact on this world. Or have I?

TheOceansBlackBirdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 13 at 6:23 pm
Drowning in oblivion...what an interesting way to look at the world. The truth in the fear that people feal is all there, and it hits you right were it matters.

Jkat17 said...
Apr. 13 at 6:19 pm
We all hope to leave an impact on this world

j.g.poemsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 13 at 6:29 pm
yes of course

JRayeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 12 at 8:49 pm
This is definetly something to think about. We have to make an impact on this world, we have to be remembered and not just melt away into oblivion. It's good to think like that, but I have a feeling that just living life, being happy and expressing ourself will be an impact enough in some way, shape or form. I liked your article, not a lot of people are brave enough to think about this! *raises hand gulitly* :)