The Experience of Writing | Teen Ink

The Experience of Writing

By Kahayla BRONZE, Ogden, Utah
Kahayla BRONZE, Ogden, Utah

Love is the most Beautiful of Dreams and the Worst of Nightmares

The words roar in my ear, my fingertips tingle to write the specific thoughts out, my eyes widen ready to see my emotions on paper, my nose desires to smell the newly inked page, my lips open slightly wanting to whisper the words aloud, my foot taps in anticipation, goosebumps arise on my body, a chill travels down my spine, time floats on by as if it’s nothing, a laugh escapes out of my mouth erupting the quiet surrounding me, I look around sensing the world around me as if I’m arriving in it for the first time, I stand reluctantly moving my swore muscles, hours have floated by when they felt like minutes, I touch the indents my pen made on the paper that I’m holding tenderly to my chest as if it was some precious thing I couldn’t let go, I exhale slowly not realizing I was holding my breath, I gently put the precious paper away where no one will discover it, not knowing when I will want to see it again I let a single tear escape from my left eye not caring enough to wipe it away, and the world settles into present and I am lonesome again.