The day I was saved | Teen Ink

The day I was saved

April 12, 2013
By believerinlove17 GOLD, Union, Kentucky
believerinlove17 GOLD, Union, Kentucky
12 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Fear not, For I am with you.
Isaiha 41:10


March 16, 2013.

That was the day my life was forever changed.
Drastically.

I was headed down the slippery path way of drugs, alcohol, and anger.
Everything that had happened to me that I couldn't handle would make me turn to something harmful. I was living my life like I had nothing to loose. I stopped caring. I stopped thinking. I just went day to day doing anything I could to make the reality go away.

Then one day I was on Twitter and my friends mentioned going to this church gathering called 922. At the time I asked to go because I wanted to make new friends and to make fun of how religious they were.

Little did I know that during the worship God would save me.

As we were praying and singing about God, The pastor started to talk. He asked God to help the people in the room who didn't know Gods love to be saved.
At that moment I started to cry. I didn't even know why.
I prayed begging God to forgive me. To save my soul. To help me release all the pain and suffering I was holding onto.
And in that very moment I realized I was living my life completely wrong. I turned to drugs and alcohol for saving, when I really should have turned to God.

From that day on I have lived my life for God. I slipped once, but I got back up. Failing isn't falling. Failing is falling and not getting back up. And I decided I wasn't going to let the Devil get to me again. He may have had me before, but Jesus is my Savior. And I would rather live every day for him, than for anything else in the world.