Fate or Control of Destiny

Many people belive in fate, and that thing happen for a reason. I am not one of those people. I am a person that believes that we control our own destiny. For example, if someone does not in high school then recieves bad grades and does not get into college they could say fate is not on their side. Really it is not fates fault that they did not get into college, it is that persons falut for not studying and not working hard. Therfore they are controlling their own destiny. In life, I believe, if you rely on fate all of your life it will get you nowhere but being a homeless person on the streets on New York City begging for change. On the other hand if you do not rely on fate to get you everywhere and you rely on yourslef and work hard in life, I think, most likely you will go places and become great. For example when I get older i want to go to Penn state and become a chef or a professional football player. I am not relying on fate to get me there and all I have to do is sit around all day and watch T.V. No I am going to work and work to achieve my goal and control my own destiny. In the end some people might agree with what I am saying and, I believe, most people will not. So if you work hard, study, and prctice you will control your own destiny and get where you want to go in life.

BlueRain said...
There is no evidence to support that we are guided by fate or controlled. We can predict, and those predictions can become real, but predictions are based on the observation of patterns. Therefore we can make guesses as to how something will occur. But that does not prove it is all set in stone. Even weathermen, who have extremely advanced technology to predict the weather, cannot perfectly predict it more than two days in advance.

Cosbino replied...
today at 11:58 am :
In the same manner, there is no proof that we make our own choices entirely, not guided by some form of higher power. Look at both sides of the coin.

BlueRain replied...
today at 6:15 pm :
"no proof that we make our own choices entirely..." Did I say that? "not guided by some form of higher power" That's very nonspecific. You might mean a god or gods, but to some this higher power would simply be nature (collective interaction of organisms that is controlled by natural forces).

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:58 am:
I believe that we have every choice of what to make our lives into.  I also believe that God knows what it best for us and know what will happen.  It's best for us to follow what he chooses for us, because he created us and wants us to live well and in his blessing.  I have every opportunity to disregard whatever God tell me to do and make my life into a pit of mud.  I've disregarded him lots of time, I know.  It's called disobeying your parents.  But I hope that in... (more »)

contemplaterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 5:36 pm :

A person can disobey God more ways than that! There are atleast 9 other big ones. How do you what God tells you?

KayKay:-) said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 11:31 am:
I don' believe in fate. God has a plan for the world and the people on it, but He does not force us to do what He wants. In the Bible, God picked several men throughout history to help Him and do what He plans to do, but they often disobey. God doesn't make you do right, but rewards you when you do and punishes you when you don't.

DreamsAreBroken said...
i agree and disagree. i think everythings pre destined as in god knows all. but i also believe that he dosnt force us to get somewhere. in the end well get there. but we have to make these choices. we have to work hard and challenge ourselves. thats the way it is

Dragonscribe said...
Well, I believe things happen for a reason, but not that the world is pre-destined. I believe we were given free-will and we have responsibility for our actions. We may be guided by a higher power, but we control out lives for the better or for the worse.

4vryung said...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 11:45 am:
You are right, fate isn't somethine to rely on all the time or even ever.  But I think that you are one sided almost.  Sure half or more of the homeless didn't try hard and succeed, but others worked and pushed and it still wasn't enough.   Yah fate isn't the best thing to mold your life around, but you can't say that every homeless person didn't try hard and every successful person worked hard in school.  I believe that you need to try hard but I know that plans backfir... (more »)

yelsse<3 said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 10:37 am:
You are completely right!! Fate will take us nowhere. Good article(: