Is There A God? And Where did the Universe Come From? | Teen Ink

Is There A God? And Where did the Universe Come From?

By BeccaRodwell BRONZE, Lake Delton, Wisconsin
BeccaRodwell BRONZE, Lake Delton, Wisconsin

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
-Gandhi

Is There A God?

What do you think the origin of the universe is? There are two main theories. The First is the Biblical account and the Big Bang Theory. I was raised to believe in the Biblical account. I don't fully believe it. There's no scientific proof. Show me the science behind it, and I'll believe it.

Until then, I will only believe my theory of the origin of the universe. My theoryis that God (if there is one) created the Big Bang Theory.

This leads to another question; Is there a God? I am Christian. I believe in God. But, I've had my doubts. However, I have never altered my opinion that there is a God, somewhere out there. I mean, its not like someone woke up one day and was like," Hey I'm goin to build a temple to worship absolutely nothing for no reason."

There for, there is a God.

This is the result of conversations I've had with my classmates and teachers. This is the conclusion I fell upon.

on Feb. 11 2013 at 8:08 pm
Mr.packerbear12 SILVER, Minnesota Lake, Minnesota

"Judge lest not you be judged"

"Take the plank out of your own eye before the speck out of your brother's"

"live each day as if it's your last"

"God doesn't give you what you can handle, He helps you handle what you are given"

Yes there is a God and since there is a God why would you believe that he created something and then had no control of the outcome ie. the big bang theory. why can't you believe that The God of the earth created us. that's like saying God created evolution. do you really believe we came from a rock i mean come on.

on Feb. 10 2013 at 10:40 pm
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I like this. I don't know exactly what you meant by it, but I thought it coincided with what I believe. People separate science and God, but I think that it's logical to say that God started the Big Bang (or something like it) and made a world that we could understand. The only hole in the Big Bang theory is "how something come from nothing"... I believe that's where God stepped in. He wants us to be able to understand the world scientifically so that we can better understand him. The rules that govern the universe don't change, and neither does God. Like I said, I don't know if this is what you were saying, but that's what I took out of your article! Great job:)