So, people tell me i'm going to hell

You would not believe how many times in the last couple years I've been told that I am going to hell. And not in that "friendly", joking sort of way, these people are dead serious when they tell me that I am going to go to hell all because of the fact that I believe differently than they do. Why should I have to rearrange my life to either confine and bind myself to what someone else says is right or condemn myself to an afterlife of torture and hate? What people don't understand is that if I don't follow your religion, which I don't, I have no reason to fear the punishment of that disbelief. It's like if one of your friends believed in monsters, if they tell you that you're going to be eaten would you heed their warning? I doubt it because you have no reason to, your common sense after all tells you that there are no monsters. That's how I am, something about my thought process tells me that the existence of a god doesn't quite fit. It's not that I have an inability to believe, because I don't, it's just when I think about things like life or the world while I might start in the same place as you I am as likely to come to a different conclusion as I am to come to the same.

It doesn't really upset me being told things like this but I feel that we as a group should refrain from judging, commenting, disputing. Refrain from all of these things so that one can at least attempt to live in a place of peace and a place without judgement. Is there a better place to start a revolution against stereotyping and hate than the place from which some many disagreements stem? After all does the bible not say judge not and ye shall not be judged? Weather You believe in a god or not if you agree with stepping away from hate I ask that you post a comment of just one word, love. That's all you have to say,if you want to say anything else go ahead but I feel that everyone can agree that all people should be able to live a life free of judgement, religiously at least and then maybe someday soon in every other way. I can't make you do anything but I ask that you at least try to live your life free of judging others. Take it from a person who knows what it's like to fear that people won't like me because of my differences, from a person who has been judged, and from a person who has judged; being a better person is about the small steps. You can't immediately change yourself, nor should you, just avoid judging because nobody likes to be judged through the eyes of others. especially those people who already judge themselves harshly enough.

Keeper6 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE STAR STAR STAR STAR Thank you for writing this.

transparantspirit434This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I know exactly what you mean. I do elieve in a god, but as well as I am christian, I also look at other religions.  I don't believe in a God that would send every non-believer to eternal torture, and because of this I am apparantly "going to hell" too. Believe what you feel is right. Time may change how you believe, but I totally agree with you. (P.S., Love)

8tephanieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:58 am
I honestly think it's kind of depressing nobody has commented on this yet, since it's clear you need some insight and hope besides, "Hey, you're going to H.ell." That isn't the right approach and definitely not the right attitude Christians (I'm not sure if that's the specific religion you're talking about but it's my belief system so I'm using it as an example) are instructed to have towards anyone. First, I want to clear things up. Many Christians ... (more »)

Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:56 am
I honestly think it's kind of depressing nobody has commented on this yet, since it's clear you need some insight and hope besides, "Hey, you're going to Hell." That isn't the right approach and definitely not the right attitude Christians (I'm not sure if that's the specific religion you're talking about but it's my belief system so I'm using it as an example) are instructed to have towards anyone. First, I want to clear things up. Many Christians a... (more »)