Our Life And Us | Teen Ink

Our Life And Us

By Eemaaa SILVER, Male', Other
Eemaaa SILVER, Male', Other

William Shakespeare wrote; ‘There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound by shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, and we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.’

I think that what that quote means is that life is short, and opportunities are rare; we have to be vigilant in protecting them, not only in the opportunities to succeed, but the opportunities to laugh, to see the enchantment in the world, and to live. That is because life does not owe us anything. As a matter of fact, I think we owe something to the world.

If we could just believe that now is the time for us to shine; the time when our dreams are within reach and possibilities are vast. Now is the time for all of us to become the people we have always dreamt of being. This is your world; you are here. You matter. The world is waiting.

Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time.
Do not wait - this is your time to shine. :)