My thoughts on heaven

As I sit down for breakfast one morning I hear a scream form a scared young lady and a sound like a car swerving out of the way of a bouncing ball across the street. I get up to see what was going on and then I open the large maple door and walked out. Just to walk on to the old side walk where I used to skateboard with old buddy. I pick up the little read headed boy’s ball that the car had severed franticly around. With the ball in my hands I slow walk over to give the boy the ball. But just then some kid came speeding down the road and hit me blindsided. I flew throw the air as the little read headed boy had screamed.. I hit the ground and started to bleed and faded into unconsciousness.

As I opened my eye all I could see was a tall man desperately in need of a shave. Then I saw he had a name tag on it read “god”. I just starred at it in a shocked way. Did I really get killed by the dunked teens? I stud up I was fine not a scratch on me surprisingly. I pinched myself to make sure I was dreaming but I was really there. I was really up in heaven.

When I look to my left of this odd place on the wall I saw a sign up close to the top of the wall it read “Good Accomplishments” I walk over to the wall and saw a big screen on the wall.. On the screen it listen all the good things I had done and when I touched the word or accomplishment it showed me a video of me doing it. I got scared. As I remember all these places. I click on one that said “church”. I pushed it, I saw old clips of me helping in the kitchen during VBS and playing with the little kids after the ever Sunday service. I made me smile to see the entire good thing I had done in my life.

But when I looked to the right, there was a big screen almost exactly the same as the one on the left wall but the sign about it said:”Selfish Accomplishments”. I notice that this list had become a wee bit longer then the other one. Till I notice a number of pages in the top right hand corner of this huge screen. I felt so bad, I didn’t want to watch any but as I was gonna turn around but god just pointed to the wall. As in at lest watch one. So I pressed the one that said “Family Bonding” and it showed me all the good times I missed and all the time I put my family down or made them ashamed of me. I couldn’t watch any more, it hurt to bad know that I could have done more good stuff to help others.

So after that tree shedding moment, I walked over to god and asked him. How many people really miss me because when I look at that wall to the left it makes me feel like crap? I feel like no one should love me because of all the bad things I have done. So I ask god if he could just show me who really misses me now. He pointed to one last screen on the wall behind him. I approached it waiting to see no one pop up on that big screen. But just then the screen filled up will names and pictures and if didn’t end. I had showed everyone that was ever there for me or anyone I ever cared about or helped. They where all in tears because I was gone. After I saw that list going on never to stop.

I turned to god and ask him if he could give me one more chance and I would become more given and less selfish. Give my old cloths to kid that are freezing in the street. I would buy the homeless man a meal. But most of all I would tell every one I loved them and that I would always tell people how it is. God just gave we this funny look as I asked this. He just looked at me and I could see a small tear coming from his right eye. He just put his hand out to like shake and agree on it. As I shock his hand….

I awoke in the back of an ambulance; with a bunch of people yelling a screaming he isn’t gonna make it. My brother was the one in the ambulance with me. He was holding my hand and praying too of the things I had ever seen him do. I just tugged on his hand to let him no I was alive and said im gonna make it. With a slight smile, just then I closed my eye a god was waving for me to stay on earth. Then I knew I was there to stay for a while to carry out my job.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:31 pm:
This was really touching, I almost cried:)

Alice-Love said...
you did really good on this. im athiest and i LOVE it. i hope you dont mind but i think i might tell this to everyone at school. its amazing:)

LifesIllusion said...
I think God would like your thoughts on heaven! this is really good. love it:)

mickey_shelle said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm:
Great article! I really like this:D

emmiekins said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 10:55 am:
I enjoyed this alot:) you did very good on it.

FireandWater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
oh i love this

lszyman96 said...
gosh people calm down, the forgetting to capitalize thing was an honest mistake, don't get yourselves all worked up about it

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 29, 2010 at 7:04 pm :
Thank you, Iszyman96. I love how people on this site completely ignore the horrible mutilations to the English language that are in most pieces, but get all worked up over not capitalizing "God," especially since this writer is dyslexic and actually has an excuse for not spell checking the piece.

AngelGal07 said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:46 pm:
this is pretty good!

krazykathleen said...
May 21, 2010 at 4:59 pm:
I mean, if you are dyslexic, which you may be, I'm not trying to offend you. It just really doesn't have to do with capitilization. That's all I was saying.

krazykathleen said...
May 1, 2010 at 10:39 am:
It might help if you capitilized God's name. It's annoying to read a story about how you apparently went to Heaven and came back to Earth and God's name isn't even capitilized.

Mike (Author) replied...
May 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm :
Im sorry, for the mistake, I don't mean to affend anyone with not capitiling "God". Truly it was a misstake. I'm dislexsic sometime i don't catch all my mistakes sorry if I affended you with not capitilizing it.

-Mike

krazykathleen replied...
May 21, 2010 at 4:56 pm :
You do realize if you are dyslexic you mix up letters in words and may have trouble reading or writing. Capitilization has nothing to do with it. Oh and you're not dyslexic "sometimes". You either are or you aren't.

krazykathleen said...
May 1, 2010 at 10:36 am:
Even being a Christian, I can't believe this- sorry. Your inability to use correct grammar and capitalize God's name doesn't help either.

Mike (Author) replied...
May 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm :
Once again im sorry if I affended you, Please understand that when I said that "somtimes I don't catch all my mistakes" That doesn't mean that Im not dyslexic. I miss stuff all the time when I write, I posted this like when I was still wondering on what my thoughts of heavn were, did I know how i felt with my relationship. At the time in which I wrote this is when I decide to truly start giving my life to God. I wanted to learn more and more. And to be honest at the time I didn't know that is wa... (more »)

krazykathleen replied...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:42 pm :
Sorry about posting two comments. I meant to just post one but the first didn't post so I reptyped it and then they both posted. I didn't mean to say twice that I disagreed with you. I see that I misread your comment, I think you meant "I'm dyslexic, sometimes I don't... "etc. I took it as "I'm dyslexic sometimes." Sorry. It's great you came to know God, and the name thing makes sense. Is this story really true, though?

Mike (Author) replied...
Jul. 7, 2010 at 10:48 am :
Thanks,
I wrote this back when I was younger and now after talking to my youth pastor and my pastor. I think I see it diffrently. I kinda feel like now instead of heaven being a spacific place, it's the spacific time in our lifes that are just so amazing and beauitful that it just make you feel like you in a type of "Heaven". Like when I play guitar in my youth band and I get really into I feel like im more in a Heavenly state and I feel like im not really sure what happens when you move on... (more »)

yelsse<3 said...
Nov. 29, 2009 at 10:44 am:
Is this for reals???

Samdawg said...
Hey Mike, great job! It's awesome to see this up here :D