MY TESTIMONY

By , Franklinville, NY
I am a christian and all my life I've understood the concept of having a higher being but, never really knew who or what it was. But, a little over a year ago I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior because He is my Rock and is always there when I am in need or just need a friend to talk to. He was there for me through it all:
As a young child, 5 years old, my birth father left me, leaving me feeling unworthy and alone. To make matters worse, my mom married a complete jerk who, for the past ten years, not only abused her but abused me. I had my whole life going for me great outside of home, that is until a year and a half ago. February second, I snuck out of my house to go to a friends house for a party and there I was sexually assualted by, not only someone I knew, but someone who was closer than a brother to me. After that night, I was a total introvert, I felt pain you can't even imagine; Shoot, I still feel it. But, to cope with it, I chose a very unhealthy outlet and began to self-harm myself in the form of cutting. I lost all my friends because they couldn't understand or they wouldn't believe the stuff I've went through, to them I was just some psycho who needed "professional help". Wouldn't you need help? Wouldn't you like someone to love you after being deemed unloveable? I found someone who did on July 9th 2011. I attended Vacation Bible School at my local church because my mom made me (I know lame excuse) and the people who were running my age groups class were extraordinary. They spoke so fervently about Christ and everything that He's done for us, that they changed my perspective on religion. That night, I accepted Jesus as my savior and found a father that would never leave or abuse me. .. That night I found a man who would love me for me and wouldn't cross boundaries. .. That night I found God, and He has been helping me heal. Today, I still struggle with things, everyone does, but I have God right there with me feeding me strength as I grow weak. Here's a verse that has changed me, here's the verse said that lead me to Christ:

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Meaning that these afflictions will pose no permenant damage, your enemies will not win. For the more and more violently they attack you, the stronger God's power becomes and the more He will help you, if you let Him. Also saying that God is a loving and compassionate God and if you boast in your strength surely you wouldn't need His help, right?
A Christian is a gainer by trials. By facing difficult obstacles you grow in your faith and find a comfort in God.

I didn't write this to lead you to God or to make you feel like you need to accept Him. Don't get me wrong He would love to have you in His family, but not because you feel obliged to do so, but because you want to know Him, you want to love Him and get to know Him.
He loves you and He is waiting.
He wants you to come home.

8tephanie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:29 am
I wish I saw more articles like yours in this section :) It was well-written and a good way of showing people why we believe what we believe. I praise God for his work in your life <3

CourtCourt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you and God Bless :)