The Real Definition Of YOLO

Lately, the saying YOLO has got out of hand. People say this meaning, "You Only Live Once.". And to a certain state this is a true statement. But people take this initial and form it to be, "YOLO, lets go get drunk and party!". I dont think the saying YOLO came out to bring that kind of living to be the right thing to do! I believe YOLO means, "YOLO, lets make the best of it and not mess it up! Not take the risks that could become a disaster or even worse... Tragedy. Lets have morals. Maybe even follow Jesus's teachings.". I believe the saying YOLO was created to be a good thing, but we teenagers and young adults have turned it into something completely different. Thank You!

8tephanieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think you could have made it longer and just expanded a bit more on your views, but I completely agree with you and it was well-written. :)