Beltane

*draw circle*
*consecrate tools and work area*
*call elements*
Air, I call you to my circle to bless us with subtle breaths and ease of mind. Protect and guide this circle.
*draw pentagram w/ sweet grass @ east*
Fire, I call you to my circle to bless us with a fiery passion for what we love and a warm glow in our hearts. Protect and guide this circle.
*draw pentagram w/ sweet grass @ south*
Water, I call you to m circle to bless us with rightness of mind and clear communication. Protect and guide this circle.
*draw pentagram w/ sweet grass @ west*
Earth, I call you to my circle to bless us with strength and support. Protect and guide this circle.
*draw pentagram w/ sweet grass @ north*
Spirit, I call you to my circle to bless us with careful actions and perfect awareness of our surroundings. Protect and guide this circle.
*draw pentagram w/ sweet grass @ center*
*smudge persons*
We are here to celebrate Beltane, the festival of fertility. So I will read a poem called “Beltane’s Promise”.
Gathered by the lapping water's shore
In the moonlight, a fire flickers high
God and goddess welcome you this eve
To find your lover and dance as one-
Songs of Earth and Water beckon a rising crescendo
the tunes will bring fruition to dreams and greening fields
Tremble with the power rising
a two backed beast moves thru the night-
The furrow is plowed, the seed is planted
The Earth sighs in contentment for love of a God
The eastern sky lightens with a promise...
Another Beltane, another season of love.

*mix rosewater and consecrate*

*draw pentagram on hollow of throat, line and 3 dots under each eye, and blessings symbol on forehead*

*both say:*

I thank the lord and lady for this day, this night and this life. We as Pagans, are gathered here of our own free wills. We celebrate the return of the Earth Goddess, We see her in every new flower, in each blade of green grass. We celebrate this change of season, fully knowing, that nothing golden may last. O Great Earth Mother we see you as your spirit flies free. We see your touch grace the Earth, bringing new life to every living thing, we see your Magic in every tree.
We acknowledge the strength of our Lord, and feel his presence as he begins his turn, seeing his power in the summer sun, return. As the wheel turns, pagan souls yearn. We give praise for this earth, we welcome the cycles of rebirth.
Thank you great ones for blessing this earth.

*ground and path/energy-work *

*release elements*

Spirit, I release and thank thee for thy blessings, protection and guiding of this circle.

*draw pentagram *

Earth, I release and thank thee for thy blessings, protection and guiding of this circle.

*draw pentagram *

Water, I release and thank thee for thy blessings, protection and guiding of this circle.

*draw pentagram *

Fire, I release and thank thee for thy blessings, protection and guiding of this circle.

*draw pentagram *

Air, I release and thank thee for thy blessings, protection and guiding of this circle.

*draw pentagram *

*smudge area and persons, then close circle*

This circle is closed but never broken.