My View on Evolution/The Bible

I believe that there is a higher power, God, who at least started evolution. Scientists say that humans eventually evolved from bacteria found on Earth in "the beginning", but how did the bacteria, let alone Earth, first get here? There is evidence that the people who wrote and were in the Bible really lived and proof that the stories were real, so there must be some truth as to what it says. In Genesis, it says that God created everything in "6 days"- but that is what it translates to in English. There could've been another meaning in the Bible's original language, but also days to God could be different than days to humans, therefore I choose to also believe in what it says. What other explanation is there for "the great beginning"? I think that, as humans, even though we have a great capacity to think and do things, we will probably never know. There will always be a "why?", always a "how?", and although we are quite smart, I don't think there will ever be a full explanation of the world because there is always another dimesion and another before.

jackiee129 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2012 at 7:21 am
I agree one hundred percent. Although I don't believe in god necessarily, there has to be some sort of higher power out there. How else would all of the meteorites and stars and galaxies that were there before earth and the big bang even come to be?

realbeautifulheart replied...
Exactly! There has to be a start somewhere.