How God Created Us

I know there are some on here that do not believe in God, but I for one do. Most teenagers, boys and girls, are known to have issues with self esteem. God was really catching my attention a few weeks ago and I wasn't really sure why. I am a leader in my local youth group and a role model to most of our group's kids. I was bored in church one day and came across Galatians 6:1 which talked about if you someone you know is caught in a sin, you should restore them gently or you could become tempted. I was not really sure what God was wanting me to use this for and I almost stopped listening to Him until he grabbed my attention again the other day. I was in our school's library when I found Keeping the Moon by Sarah Desson which was about a girl who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This stuck with me all day so I went home and opened my bible to look for verses about loving yourself. I found 1 Corinthians 6;19-20 which talks about honoring God with your body because you were bought for a price, meaning you were bought by Jesus's love and dying for us. I learned that God made our appearance one way for a reason. He made me short, my best friend tall, my teacher blonde, and my brother dark headed to create us as individuals. Unfortunately, society has told us what we should look like, skinny, athletic, tan, perfect makeup, fake nails, and perfect hair. I want you to remember that beauty is more than skin deep. Who you are is not what you look like, it is who you are on the inside.

thewouldbelibrarian said...
Nice post! I believe in God too.