THOUGHTS FROM A CHRISTIAN

I'm 17 years old, and I've been going to church since I was 6 months old. The first church I went to, the people turned out to be hypocrites. The second church I went to, I did praise dance and I overheard some lady calling me fat and whatever in the bathroom, then she was shouting for dear sake during the church service. This might seem wrong, but I've never been comfortable going to any church.I feel like im going to be judged for looking a certain way. Honestly not all the people, but some, just go to church to say they go.My moms friend has been going to church all her life and shes Catholic and she still doesn't know why she kneels at the alter and I'm not even Catholic and I know that. So anyway my friend wanted me to sing at her church, I told her I didn't know because I know how churches make me feel uncomfortable. So she's trying to guilt me into going and I just dont feel its right. She's telling me I cant back out of it because she has already put my name on the program, but I never gave her a direct answer. She's mad at me because I don't want to do it. Honestly the only reason I agree with my mom to go to church, is because I feel like I'm going to go to hell if I don't. Its not the devil telling me not to go to church. I mean I have my bad moments, but I will never let the devil take a hold of me. I see why some people are atheist though, because you get judged where you are supposed to feel most comfortable. The bible states:
Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Honestly I rather pray to God privately, cause that's where I feel most comfortable and I know he's listening.
I trust and believe in God, but why should I have to prove it by going to a building, that was once supposed to honor God, but has turned into something totally different?

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22, 2012 at 9:59 pm:
I think you made a very good point that needs to be adressed. If I were you, I know sometimes people in a church can be hypocrytical, and I would find a youth group to start out with. One thing I have come to understand is that when you have the basics down, you can start to teach the hypocrites what it means to live for God.

nikka12345678999 replied...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm :
thank you so much for your feed back, i really do appreciate your opinion

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 4:49 pm :
No prob :)