A Fake Follower

Awhile back... well just the other day really, I was talking with a group of people. While talking, we each discovered that we were christians. So we asked each other what denomination are you from (Catholic, Baptist, ect..) and when it became my turn, I told the group that I had no denomination. Some of them looked shocked and a silence fell in the room. Then out of nowhere, some said "so your a fake follower then?" I looked at him for a moment and asked back "I don't understand. Can you explain what a fake follower ment?" So he sat higher up in his chair and said across to the whole room "I'm Catholic. I belong to a group. However, you belong to no group at all. That makes you a fake follower because you have no group that you belong to." "So your telling me that just becasue I have no group that I belong to in the christian faith, you label me as a fake follower. And even though I have the love for the Lord, you still call me a fake follower?" I asked getting unnaturally infuriated. "Yeah. You are a fake follower to the Lord." At that moment, I stood up as calmly as I could and walked out mainly becasue there was no need for me to break his face in. So I walked home with that thought still stuck in my head.
So why would people discriminate like that if you are in the same faith? I mean, I know that there is a God that stands in the heavens and watches over me and everyone else in this world. I know that his love and comapssion fills my heart day-to-day. But to call a person a fake follower is just terrible. Its like a slash against my heart everytime I think of it. And what has made it worse, is that before he had called me that, he told the group that he just started his journey in faith. And to have someone like that call me a fake follower.....AHHHH!!!!

Point that I'm trying to get across is that no matter what denomination that a person belongs to, we are all still the same. We worship the same God and we share his love. So don't judge.

dolphin13 said...
Ok, that is just wrong! I have a friend who is non-denominational and she still believes basically the same things that I do. Her faith is strong and she has a wonderful knowledge of the Bible.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I can get what you saying.  I can, but wish I couldn't, imagine a person actually saying that to you.  It's really sad that there are so many high and mighty Christians out there, slurring our name.  Or rather, God's name.  For a while I really couldn't say whether or not I'm Baptist.  I guess I am.  The main thing is that it seems like Baptist can tend to believe that you have to be baptised as a part of becoming a Christian.  I just say that while Jesus did a... (more »)