Christianity and force???

There are many things that irritate me about religious talk, but this is getting on my last nerve! Just as there are people who are posers of so many other religions., there are also people who are posers of Christianity. Many people believe that they are christian, and try to shove their beliefs down peoples throats. This is a perfect example of a christian poser. A true christian follows the bible which states that:

1. God granted people free will. People have the right to follow their own beliefs and make their own choices.
Why??? The bible says that God loves us, Because he does, he wants us to be with him under our own circumstances. Which leads me to another overlooked point.

2. God says not to teach the word of the Lord to those who do not wish to listen.
This irritates people, and pushes them further away. Cramming the word of god down peoples throats takes away the free will God has granted us.

If you are trully Christian you will follow God by respecting that other people have the right to thier own actions and beliefs as stated by the bible. No you do not have to agree, but you do have to respect them.

P.S: To those who do not believe and do not wish to listen, I am sorry. I want everyone to understand that a true Christian would not disrespect you the way that so many do. I am a Christian, but I still love and care for those who are not.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

All of this really needed to be said, and it is a welcome reminder to many, me included. I thank you for writing on the topic.

One thing that bothers me, however: so nobody's a "true Christian" unless they follow the Bible the right way?

Besides that, though, I'm very glad you wrote this! :)

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amen!  It's sad that people like that have to disgrace the title "Christian."  I'm on this RPG and I posted on a thread called: Venting, where I vented about ADHD.  Then after someone posted that he had it too, I said that it was really okay because I had an awesome God who helped me through it.  Then he said that the site was no place for religious talk and that I shouldn't share that I was a Christian and that he was a strong atheist.  If I was going to talk about God ... (more »)

SanonieRae replied...
You are absolutely welcome. I'm glad i put it up too. I was a little reluctant at first