Prayers for Skandar

Dear God,

It's me again. I'm here once again to pray for Skandar Keynes. Many people say that because I (and many others) pray for his salvation, it must mean that we hate him. They don't understand that our prayers are only a result of our love, compassion and care for him. If I did not care for Skandar at all, I wouldn't be writing this. I wouldn't be praying for him every night. I pray for him (and ask others to do the same) only out of a deep love and concern for his eternal salvation.

Skandar is a sinner, God, as we all are. (Rom.3:23) This is the very reason I pray for him. His sin and his disbelief in You keep him from knowing the love of the Creator of the universe. I pray that one day, he will come to know his monumental error and correct it. This is my prayer for every unbeliever.

I also pray that, if Georgie and the other Narnia cast and crew know Jesus as their personal Savior from sin (as many people believe they do), I pray that they are being witness' to Skandar. I pray that he sees the light of Jesus in their everyday life; through their speech, their deeds.

I always like to think that maybe Your whole reasoning for allowing Skandar to portray Edmund was his eternal soul. Maybe, just maybe, You put him there to discover Narnia, to discover Aslan and, ultimately, to discover the real Lion, the Lion of Judah, Jesus Christ.

Skandar is very proud of his heritage (as he has a right to be), but it also seems to be every reason for his non-belief. People often use things like ancestry, age, culture, as excuses for not becoming a Christian. Please don't let Skandar be one of these people; don't let his ancestry be his reason for rejecting You. Because if it is and if he does, he's doomed.

I'll bet you, he doesn't believe in Hell. No, he probably doesn't. How terrifying would it be to live your whole life believing that a place of hell-fire and brimstone and flesh-eating bugs wasn't real, only to die and discover you were wrong? How terrifying is that? God, I don't want Skandar to have to experience that terror. (Nor do I anyone.) Please let him wake up out of this waking dream in which he lives and let him realize the Truth.

Let my prayers, and the many others whom pray for him, make a difference. For those who have been given the opportunity to witness to him directly, whether through face-to-face speech or through the letters of his fans, let them stick in his mind and always be remembered. You have told us in Your Word that Your Word will not return void, nor will a Christian's planting of the seed of Salvation. We may never be given the opportunity to know Skandar's choice. But I pray we will be encouraged to continue praying until we do know, or until our lives on earth end.

Let Skandar discover the God and the Salvation through Jesus Christ which allowed C.S Lewis to create the world in which Skandar has lived for the past decade. Let him discover Aslan's other Name. Let him get to know Him better in this world as he has known Him in Narnia.

Please, dear God.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Jesus is Lord! said...
May 19 at 2:47 pm:
in narnia edmund is my favorite! i love Narnia so much. it is awesome! cause i know it is real Jesus is Alan.

Jesus is Lord! said...
May 12 at 10:47 am:
i don't know if you believe in God and Jesus, but they are very real, just like Narnia is to me. God had only one son and sent him from heaven to earth to die on a cross and take all the sin of the world, to take the sin of all people you and me. do you know in Narnia, when Aslan dies because of Edmund had followed the queen Jaduas. that is an example of what Jesus did for us, so now when we die, we can go to Heaven and have eternal life only through Jesus. if you want to know more about any... (more »)

Lila_Mican said...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 6:59 am:
I am also  a bgi fan of Skandar nd I hardly pray for him, I will never lose hope for his metanoia. Remember C.S Lewis was also an atheist but at the age of 33 He was converted. WHo knows maybe God putted Skandar in a Christian film for him to be able to be enlightend. KEEP ON PRAYING NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS COME :))

dreamerr said...
what a lovely prayer! i pray similar things for the narnia cast often :)

TheJustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 27, 2011 at 6:41 am :
Thank you and I'm very glad! :)

rach4life! replied...
May 13 at 10:06 am :
are you a christian?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What makes Keynes so very sinful in your eyes?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm :
I admire your compassion and love, but I doubt that Keynes is more of a sinner than most.

Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:53 pm :

It doesn't really matter how much you sin or how badly you sin. Even if you've lied once you'll be punished:

Rev.21:8 "all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Thank you very much for your comment. It means more than you think. :)

Aug. 5, 2011 at 2:32 pm :
True, but perhaps the punishments are more subtle than fire and brimstone. But I'm delighted you appreciated my comment. :)

Aug. 5, 2011 at 2:35 pm :

Well, we kind of have to go by what the Bible says and that's where I find them.

And I truly do. I'd rather have someone not agree and debate me friendly, than someone not agree and argue me into the ground. :)

Aug. 5, 2011 at 2:59 pm :
That's a wonderful way to look at it, my friend.

Aug. 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm :
Well, I thank you very much :)

Even though I disagree with your beliefs about sin, 'nonbelievers,' and Hell; I'd like to say that I found your sincerity about Skandar Keynes so very touching. You prayed with such goodness and hope and dedication, that I am inclined to forget the ways in which our thoughts of God differ. Your fervent passion, I think, will actually bring you closer to Him.

Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:57 am :
Thank you very much, that was very sweet.

QueenofNarnia said...
I'm sorry but what? You are sort of saying that Skandar is going to be sent to hell because he is a disbeliever. I'm sorry, but I completely disagree, and that is unfair that you would say that about someone...Yes, its a shame that Skandar doesnt believe in God, but that doesn't mean he is a sinner and will be sent to hell. We dont his reasoning behind it, and we should not get so upset about it. Skandar probably has his reasons. After all, religion isn't for everyone. In my religion, we be... (more »)

Aug. 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm :
What, may I ask, is your religion? And what is its foundation? 

Jesus is Lord! replied...
May 12 at 9:31 am :
i do not have a religion i have a relationship with Jesus christ. i am a christian. please ask me more about Jesus.

jesus is lord! replied...
May 12 at 2:06 pm :
i really want to tell you more about Jesus  

Jesus is Lord! replied...
May 19 at 2:44 pm :
I am a christian. Jesus came to the earth to die on a tree to take away the sin of the world. if you ask him to go to heaven when you die you will. he will take all your sin away if you ask him to. from rachel i hope you decide to ask Jesus to come into your life!