Personal Realities

You know, I’ve lost quite a few friends because of what I believe. I’ve lost even more friends because of what I don’t believe. You see, I’m an atheist a.k.a. People have called me names, told me I was going to hell, and completely alienated me. I can get along fine with a person until that person finds out I’m an atheist. Then, all of a sudden, I’m “unclean” or whatever. I, personally, don’t see why this is such a big deal. What does it matter if I don’t believe in god, as long as I’m happy?

My personal philosophy is this: people create their own realities. When you were a little kid, you probably had one or two imaginary friends. Those imaginary friends were as real to you as the computer screen you are staring at as we speak. The same concept goes for religion. To a Christian, God is more real than anything else in the world. However, to a Wiccan, there is no God. Only magic and the spirits of nature exist. These people believe what they believe because it makes them happy.

In my opinion, the world needs as much happiness as it can get. So why ostracize someone because the thing that makes him or her happy isn’t the thing that makes you happy? Why deny someone of the thing one thing that they have a right to?

In conclusion, we all create our own realities. Mine just happens to be a happier one without God.

RandyA. said...
It not right for friends to leave you because of your believes. Deciding to follow  God is a choic u have to make. If you want to be a free hinker than nody should change your mind on your believes.