Contemporary Christian | Teen Ink

Contemporary Christian

By LostInWonderland SILVER, Asheville, North Carolina
LostInWonderland SILVER, Asheville, North Carolina

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent- Eleanor Roosevelt

People ask me all the time what my religion is. My answer is simple ‘I’m a contemporary Christian.’ Most people just look at me oddly and walk away, or say that they thought I was atheist because I wear black all the time- not that I have a problem with atheists, one of my best friends is atheist- then walk away, but a few people, a scarce few, ask what I mean. I believe that there is a God and that his son, Jesus, died on the cross for us. I believe he rose again three days later. What I don’t believe is that Christianity is black and white. I don’t think that all gay people are going to hell, I think that those people were born that way and that God will love them either way. I don’t think that one religion is better than all the other- not saying that all Christians are like that, just something that I’ve observed by going to the school that I go to. I believe in both evolution and creationism. I don’t think you can have one without the other. I personally don’t believe in sex before marriage, however I do recognize the time we live in so I doubt that all people wait until they are married to have sex. I don’t think you have to go to church every Sunday or every Wednesday night to be a good Christian. I think if accept God into your heart, then you are a Christian. Doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, gay, straight, a teen parent, whatever. If you accept God into your heart, you are a Christian and you are going to heaven. I hope I see you there when I die.

Destinee BRONZE, Oakville, Other

Blegh. - Abraham Lincoln

Do you believe the Bible is 100% true?

RandyA. GOLD said...
RandyA. GOLD, Bergenfield, New Jersey

What goes up must come down

Beening a christain doesnt get you to heaven. This is great. Don't agree with you about the sex part but well it ur believe and keep it up.

RandyA. GOLD said...
RandyA. GOLD, Bergenfield, New Jersey

What goes up must come down

Being a christian, you don't have to be black or white. God will acept ypu any how and even being gay or not he would still love you. Sex is diffenatley something to do if your are married but it what you believe in so can't ghanged that.