Contemporary Christian | Teen Ink

Contemporary Christian

May 7, 2011
By LostInWonderland SILVER, Asheville, North Carolina
LostInWonderland SILVER, Asheville, North Carolina
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent- Eleanor Roosevelt


People ask me all the time what my religion is. My answer is simple ‘I’m a contemporary Christian.’ Most people just look at me oddly and walk away, or say that they thought I was atheist because I wear black all the time- not that I have a problem with atheists, one of my best friends is atheist- then walk away, but a few people, a scarce few, ask what I mean. I believe that there is a God and that his son, Jesus, died on the cross for us. I believe he rose again three days later. What I don’t believe is that Christianity is black and white. I don’t think that all gay people are going to hell, I think that those people were born that way and that God will love them either way. I don’t think that one religion is better than all the other- not saying that all Christians are like that, just something that I’ve observed by going to the school that I go to. I believe in both evolution and creationism. I don’t think you can have one without the other. I personally don’t believe in sex before marriage, however I do recognize the time we live in so I doubt that all people wait until they are married to have sex. I don’t think you have to go to church every Sunday or every Wednesday night to be a good Christian. I think if accept God into your heart, then you are a Christian. Doesn’t matter if you’re black, white, gay, straight, a teen parent, whatever. If you accept God into your heart, you are a Christian and you are going to heaven. I hope I see you there when I die.