Faith | Teen Ink

Faith

May 6, 2011
By Anonymous

Faith

To tell you the truth, I can honestly say that I have not read a novel that has changed my life. On the other hand I have read a book that has influenced the way that I intend to carry out the remainder of my life, the Bible. I like to refer to the Bible as a the foundation of my christian faith.

If there is one major thing that I have learned throughout the building of the foundation of my Christian faith, it is that I have come to understand the ways in which God works. I am most definitely not insinuating that I completely understand His work, but over my several years of learning, I have slowly pieced together the big picture of what I feel to be the Christian faith. I know that the minute details between someone else’s beliefs and my own may vary, but the overall picture follows the same guidelines. I feel that this small discrepancy is a good thing because in my eyes, being able to picture God and His Kingdom in our own ways, gives us a special individual connection with God Himself. I feel that this connection will allow our faith with God to grow strong within us.

Going to church every Sunday, saying prayers every night, and serving the church whenever possible, are the duties many Christians perceive to be the perfect Christian faith. Throughout my foundation of learning, I have found that performing these acts does not directly admit me to heaven. Don’t get me wrong, these tasks are definitely a great practice, but it takes something more to take the walk through those gates. It takes love. All that God wants is our love. I feel that He cherishes our love and appreciates the fact that we show our faith in Him by helping each other.

Many adults participating in various denominations in our community feel that when a student is confirmed, there is a high possibility for that student to fall away from the church and God Himself. In my eyes, many young people rely on their strong Christian faith to keep them moving forward in the right direction and to make healthy personal decisions in life. Personally, I appreciate the fact that Youth Group is in place to help students stay close to God and the church. I feel that it gives students the needed time to become familiar with all of the directions in which they can steer their lives.

Some students may be compelled to accompany their family, by attending the church in which they were confirmed. On the other hand, as students become adults, they more than likely will make the decision to start their own family. This decision may possibly persuade them to attend the congregation of another church.

As I work my way through high school, I feel that it is important to attend Youth Group. By the time that I am ready to graduate, I believe that I will know the direction in which I would like to steer my life. Although I don’t know what profession I would like to pursue yet, I certainly do know that I would like to attend church on a regular basis whenever I am able. Over the years my parents have been adamant that I go to church as much as possible, and I have grown accustomed to the Sunday morning routine.

Although I have not read a book that has chanced my life, there is one book that I feel has effected the way that I carry out my life, the Bible.