Church from a Sonless Fathers Point of View

The sun blazed down upon him from on high. It blasted the cracked, moss coated, gray stone, reflecting it’s sharp beams into his eyes, blinding him. Once his eyes adjusted to the assault the man noticed that this once sacred building, that at one point had held so much life, now looked as though it were dying of the bubonic plague. The churches sturdy stones were blotched with vomit green, irregular patches. Its steeple seemed to sag and arch like and old mans back. Beginning to walk towards the rotten brown door, the man stretched out his hand, but suddenly recoiled it in horror and disgust. Maggots and termites wriggled and squirmed their way all throughout the door, alarmed by the presence of a creature much larger than they. The man realized that this place was not dying of the plague. It had already died and was rotting in the sun like a week old corpse.

Marblewolf said...
I love the last two lines: They are so potent and so conclusive. The description is also quite good and appropriately disgusting :P

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So, what are you saying?  I don't get it.  Is the man sad that this church is dying or is he disgusted with it?  I think this is very sad.

pwmcelheney360 replied...
Yeah, I didn't really make that part very clear I suppose. The church from his point of view was dead and disjusting, because after the early death of his son the father had lost all faith in that sort of thing.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh.  Is this just a story then?  Or is this like what you believe?

pwmcelheney360 replied...
Yeah, it was actually an assignment in my creative writting class to describe a church from the point of view of a father who had just lost his son. I'm not Christian, but i'm not super anti-christian either. So pretty muh just a story. 

pwmcelheney360 replied...
Well it was actually a responce to a prompt in my creative writting class. We had to describe a church from the pint of view of a father who had just lost his son. So, it's pretty much just story. 

Oh again.  Well, it was well written so, well done?  :)