Addicted to Wanting | Teen Ink

Addicted to Wanting

By rhaller7 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
rhaller7 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

In life we have always been taught to achieve higher, give life the best chance you have, go to the top and make it big. But couldn’t this all be a want or a need? My inhibition is that it is inevitable for people not to want more. It’s our nature. If were raised to always desire and get our goals, then it obviously makes sense people will want better things.
In today’s job worlds, people would rather take a high prestigious job than a low ilk job, because they want the better pay of course. Who wouldn’t want that? Gandhi, a nominal figure in the world said “to stay away from desires.” It is a bad thing, but being integral in our lives is too much.
America has become the perfect example. Every day I drive to school I see placards everywhere, even on the radio. Don’t forget about the TV. Plus the later night commercials are diatribes and not good for the youth to see. They are incoherent, but somehow attract the minds of so many people.
Great example is the lottery. Think about how many people buy lottery tickets. All hoping that they will be fortuitous and become rich and not have to worry about remuneration.

Currently the way we live has become materialize to a dangerous level, but in this world it has made it acceptable. Unfortunately it is what it is and there is nothing that could be done.

FirtziesLover13, Cheyenne, Wyoming

"Love is a gift that must be cared for and looked after" -Daniel Radcliffe

i like your point of view. "It is in a mans nature to want more. give him one thing and he will desire another." (John Steinbeck.)