For Those Who Don't Believe | Teen Ink

For Those Who Don't Believe

By Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut
Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut

"If you live to be 100 years old, then I hope I live to be that, minus 1 day, so that I never have to live a day without you."

For some unknown reason, most people lose the ability to believe in magic as they grow up. I disagree. I do believe in magic; not as in wizards and Harry Potter, but miracles. They happen every day. U.S Troops surviving the war, or something as simple as getting your Birthday wish. But sadly, the loss of imagination also results in the disbelief of spiritual and religious matters. Every year, the percent of teens following God’s way and believing in him is decreasing. Not just teens, but adults, too. Do people really need a scientific explanation of the wonderful works of God? I believe it is enough just to know the Glory of God is at work. Many T.V. shows are trying to break down the Bible, saying most events happen because of Aliens. But humans have to remember God is real, and has always been there. He watches over everyone, and he can do many unexplainable things. It is sufficient just to know that God works in strange ways. Sometimes, there is no possible way man can understand an event. There does not need to be a reason as to why something happens; just be happy it occurred. Teens are also not exposed to religious matters, as I was at a very young age. The strong separation between religion and school also contributes to the disbelief, but with many different races and religions in schools, it is understandable. However, please keep the Pledge of Allegiance in schools, for we really are, “One Nation Under God.” Sometimes, it is better not to know the work behind the scenes. It keeps us in amazement. Not everything needs to be explained, because God is mysterious.

Expose children to religion, it gives them a sense of belonging. Remember the Glory of God, for He gave His only son in flesh and blood to us, to teach us about Him. He created the first human being out of the very soil we walk on, and He created the Earth for us, human beings. He loves us with all his heart, no matter what we do. Let us love Him back.

God Bless All

on Jun. 30 2011 at 3:09 pm
Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

JOJO, nice work keep writing!!

Ocean97 SILVER said...
on Jan. 16 2011 at 7:12 pm
Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut

Yes, it is very good that people are encouraged to learn different religions and beliefs. Good for you for finding something to believe in! My article also says to accept things, not necessarily to analyze them. Thank you for responding. I appreciate you responding my artlice in a positive way, and we should learn to accept all religions as well.

on Jan. 16 2011 at 5:57 pm
SoulxFinder BRONZE, Cobourg, Other

The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. - Edgar Allan Poe

I liked your article. I personally do not believe in god, as I am Pagan. I hope for you to see that in some ways, our religions are very similar. As a Pagan, I love this earth and all it has to offer. I love the simplest of things as well as how detailed nature can be. There is always something new to discover. I respect all other forms of belief and religions. I guess for me, I don't or rather, can't, believe in God in the same way we can't believe in the Easter bunny or tooth fairy. It's just something you can't force. However, I don't count out the possibility of God. I think anything could be possible. As you were saying about kids not being exposed, I'm thankful that I grew up into a family of athiests who encouraged me to believe whatever I wanted, and to learn about other religions. I think kids should be exposed to all sorts of religions and traditions. It's healthy and makes them more aware.