For Those Who Don't Believe | Teen Ink

For Those Who Don't Believe

January 11, 2011
By Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut
Ocean97 SILVER, Suffield, Connecticut
8 articles 3 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you live to be 100 years old, then I hope I live to be that, minus 1 day, so that I never have to live a day without you."


For some unknown reason, most people lose the ability to believe in magic as they grow up. I disagree. I do believe in magic; not as in wizards and Harry Potter, but miracles. They happen every day. U.S Troops surviving the war, or something as simple as getting your Birthday wish. But sadly, the loss of imagination also results in the disbelief of spiritual and religious matters. Every year, the percent of teens following God’s way and believing in him is decreasing. Not just teens, but adults, too. Do people really need a scientific explanation of the wonderful works of God? I believe it is enough just to know the Glory of God is at work. Many T.V. shows are trying to break down the Bible, saying most events happen because of Aliens. But humans have to remember God is real, and has always been there. He watches over everyone, and he can do many unexplainable things. It is sufficient just to know that God works in strange ways. Sometimes, there is no possible way man can understand an event. There does not need to be a reason as to why something happens; just be happy it occurred. Teens are also not exposed to religious matters, as I was at a very young age. The strong separation between religion and school also contributes to the disbelief, but with many different races and religions in schools, it is understandable. However, please keep the Pledge of Allegiance in schools, for we really are, “One Nation Under God.” Sometimes, it is better not to know the work behind the scenes. It keeps us in amazement. Not everything needs to be explained, because God is mysterious.

Expose children to religion, it gives them a sense of belonging. Remember the Glory of God, for He gave His only son in flesh and blood to us, to teach us about Him. He created the first human being out of the very soil we walk on, and He created the Earth for us, human beings. He loves us with all his heart, no matter what we do. Let us love Him back.

God Bless All