I Believe.

I believe that mirrors are God’s spy cameras. Throughout my life I have learned that God is constantly watching over the world, but I never understood how. I considered that He might have viewed us through an invisible being that was His messenger, but I found that too complicated. I decided that it must be a viewing that is so commonly used that it would never be suspected. To myself I thought for a while and then I realized how could it not be a mirror?

A mirror has always been something that I have had mixed feelings on. I hate them and I find them useful. The definition of a mirror to me has always involved the word “window”. I see a mirror as not only an object that we look into, but as an object that has always been looking back. I feel that if God ever needed a way to see into this world, what better way to view than a mirror?

When being a younger child and having this belief of God spying through a mirror, I would find comfort near a mirror, meaning I would find comfort near myself. I explain near myself because the first thing any being sees while looking into the reflection of a mirror is ones self, them self.

From then on I started to do all the meaningful things to my life in front of a mirror. While praying in front of the mirror I did not only feel that I was just talking to God but I felt that He was watching me as I viewed myself talking to Him. While I was upset I would try looking into the mirror. I did this not only so I could see my puffy eyes and wet cheeks, but so that God could see my hurt soul front and center. I felt then that as long as I was standing there visible in front of that mirror, that there was never a chance that he would not notice the grief I felt, that He had no way of ignoring it.

The mirror makes one see them for whom they really are, and the mirror sees one self’s every action, just as the Father does.

The mirror that sees You get ready for homecoming, the mirror that sees You have a terrible night, the mirror that see Your hair become three inches shorter, the mirror that sees You in your wedding dress, the mirror that sees You when you trip over your UGG boot. No matter what mirror, no matter whose mirror, I believe it, and I believe that God sees me through the mirror. I believe that the mirrors are His spy cameras.

K.a.t.h.l.e.e.n. said...

Very insightful and creative! I must say I agree with you!

Keep writing, and believing! :)

IamtheshyStargirl said...

This is an extremely intriguing theory, thank you very much for sharing it :)

I believe that God is everywhere, especially within. But then, I believe lots of silly little things :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ah, what an interesting idea! This is a very intelligent way to analyze what most would see as a very simple object. I don't think that God 'spies,' for he has no reason to. He already knows... Anyway, very creative!