My World

I consider myself a wiccan, but i can't tell anybody. Why? Because I'm scared people will treat me differently because of my faith. I beleive in every god or goddess, demons, angels, ghosts, faeries, everything; but i still consider myself a wiccan. In California, if a wiccan got assaulted, the assaulty would NOT go to jail, if a christian got assaulted, the assaulty WOULD go to jail. Why?
Because "wiccans dont deserve justice." It's called the blood libel. Well I'm 13, I'm scared to state my opinions well as it is, I'm scared to be free in case I get hurt. Is it normal to be a young woman scared to live life her way? Because of what happened 200 hundred years ago and falsy accussed"witches" of crimes. Im scared to live life. Do I deserve this?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Of course you don't deserve that! You are facing an age old thing: religious persecution, and it's a sad concept indeed. I hope you're never ashamed of your beliefs; you are who you are.

AaronLawrence said...
Yeah for wiccans!  My friends a wiccan and i'm an athiest but i thought a lot of pagan religions looked cool.  If you're passionate about what you believe just move to a more excepting place when you grow up! 

kennapie12 replied...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 8:47 am :
Thank you, i do plan on that but where i live right next too is where many many different religions, ethnics, and people are. I was alwasy told portland has the most tolerant people so....... but thank you!