Crazy God Lover

Someone at my school has named me the Crazy God Lover. The only reason that they call me this is because I found God…again. I was born a Christian, but I haven’t been very good at going to church and following the Ten Commandments very well. But the day after one of my friends asked about God and why I believed in him, I couldn’t answer why. In the confirmation classes when they asked why we were there, I was the one that said that my mom made me come today. I never really knew my beliefs and I thought for a while that God would no longer accept me when my life came to a close. So I started listening to the pastors and really thought about what they said. In confirmation class, I listened to the sermon instead of twiddle my thumbs for an hour.

One day, one of me Catholic friends was talking to my Arab friend about God and how he was going to change his life. Somehow they got on the topic of the Ten Commandments, and the Arab friend said asked if you broke a commandment, were you automatically going to hell. I was very interested in the question and replied,” If you admit to your sins and ask for forgiveness, God will still accept you into heaven.” She was at this point laughing so hard, because she said that it was then pointless for Jesus to come down to Earth, and die because all we had to do was say we were sorry and all would be back to normal. I told her that you would be in hell for everything you do wrong if Jesus didn’t come down and wash away our sins when he died. That day I was nicknamed Crazy God Lover. Up until now, I’ve been so mad that people called me that because I wasn’t crazy, I was just not going to sit still and do what I did before and never ask for forgiveness and go to hell. When the world ends, I want to be in heaven and know I’ll be in heaven instead of wondering if I may start to go into the ground to hell. My Arab friend said I was just like Megan-it will make sense if you read Life As We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer. But then I realized something. I am crazy about God. He did so much for me and I do very little for Him. Sure I pray, but that doesn’t benefit Him, it benefits me. He can do miracles, and all I can do is a card trick or 2. So yah, I am a crazy God lover, I know that He will prevail and take me to heaven when it’s my time, and I feel bad for the people that don’t know him because they won’t be up in heaven and have an awesome time like I will.

IamtheshyStargirl said...

Interesting, that is a very cool nickname indeed. 

I am curious, do you believe that you don't have to belong to a certain faith in order to go to heaven, you just have to believe in god? 

AngelGal07 said...
totaly awesome! i'm so Crazy about God and glade you are too!!

PuzzleLuver said...
I love this article, I too am a Crazy God Lover

AaronLawrence said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 11:14 am
But all thats stuff god does for you, why does he do that for your Arab friend too.  If there is a god, i don't think he cares whether people love him or not. 

PuzzleLuver replied...
God wants us to love him, he loves us all deeply. He wants us all to believe in him to bad not everyone does

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 8, 2010 at 11:43 am
Okay it makes me really angry like reaaaaally angry when someone says :"and I feel bad for the people that don't know him because they won't be up in heaven and have an awsome time like I will." Honestly it makes me want to punch a wall. First of all you sound like youn are looking down on anyone who doesn't believe what you do. You make it sound like oh I'm perfect because I accept God and ask forgivness all willy nilly without asking questions. Secondly maybe you should stop worrying... (more »)

4vryung replied...
ok just chill I was making my point, it wasn't meant to offend, you're attack on me doesn't help anyone.

MillionGreenDroplets This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I don't think this girl was trying to make a statement about how righteous she is . . . she just loves God. Once you decide to follow Him there really is no questioning it or trying on other gods like shoes. Don't criticize people for not being wishy-washy or doubtful. It seems you have some spiritual prejudices of your own to work out. So peace and joy be with you, Crazy God Lover. I will pray for you.

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:36 am
No, i really don't have spiritual prejudices because it may shock you, but if I had to pick a religion it would be chrisitianity. I think it's GREAT that she truely believes in something as strongly as she does, but that doesn't mean that she should walse around screaming to the world about how "I'm getting into Heaven and YOUR not!"

momo01 said...
love it<3