What Matters: Religion

There is a saying commonly known,that two things are unavoidable,taxes and death.I however will add to the list,Religion.Religion will be created in all societies no matter what,the human race is too scared, if you will, to further exist without knowing the truth or in this essay,lack there of.Just as Greek Mythology died as will Christianity,Buddhism,etc.I needn't argue with that.Religion to put in the simplest of terms is a light within the dark,just as it is humans instinct to be afraid of the dark due to lack of knowledge of what could be lurking just as people are afraid of what lurks beyond death.Religion gives people hope and understanding. I cannot blame people for searching for a purpose but i still find it ignorant.We have just as much knowledge about God being the all mighty creator as myself being the big "G".I realize i do not have 1 gazillion followers nor books written about me,but seeing as the human race can not be trusted due to stupidity and the books i mentioned including the bible have no more basis than my own experience.I am not saying sleep all day,commit crimes or anything like that seeing as there is no god.Because i have yet to state that,i merely do not know if there is a higher power,nor will i ever.I believe to live your life to the fullest and by the moral values integrated within the human DNA,do not steal,kill,rape,etc.If it turns out i am indeed wrong, what god can send to me whatever "hell" there is knowing i did nothing wrong,a god that i would not of worshiped anyway.What i am stating is the higher power that would punish a man (if there even is punishment for lifes faults)for attempting to live his life correctly shouldn't be worshiped at all.Following this plan is in my eyes virtually fool proof,and it if it isn't which i am as right as any religion i still would of lived my life to the fullest thus having no regrets.I am not telling you to quit your religion,I'm not commanding anything of you,merely asking yourself why,why must you believe in a god who has answered as many prayers as a tree outside?I respect you for taking such a bold leap,but i am the sort which need proof and reasoning.I am unsure whether this will be published,whether due to inadequate writing, or the possibility of offending anyone.I do not care if it does not,i have stated my opinion,and that is all i can do,i cannot make you believe something,and i shall never try.

QuestionAuthority1128 said...
Just so you know, while I agree with your point, the capitalization/spelling/punctuation mistakes and general lack of good writing tools was a turnoff to read.

TeaCat replied...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 4:42 pm :
Yes, I love the article, but I have OCD and reading this is making me twitch convulsively in my computer chair! :) But I really do love this article otherwise!

arrowed_rainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26, 2009 at 2:06 pm:
I find that a very good opinion, and it is very close to my own. Live for life, not for a god. You couldn't have said it better. *salutes*

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 12:08 pm :
First of all, sorry for the long post, i hope youll read it and hear me out. I'll probably get some flack for this, but I disagree with just about everything you said. If morals are inherent in all people, as you said, then it goes to follow that religion is inherent in all people—as you said. Now why is one truth and the other a lie we tell ourselves to "feel better"? Why would someone die for a God they only invented to "have comfort"? That's illogical. As for the morals in your DNA, who ... (more »)