My Faith

Wicca is appealing to me for many reasons. I have gone to church, and it did not really appeal to me. Just sitting there for over an hour listing to some old man talk about the supposed only true religion, and how evil and impure we are and the only way that we can save our souls from eternal damnation and become pure is to throw caution to the wind and pledge ourselves to a single god whose ideals and teachings are continuously written and re-written by the hands of possibly corrupt clergy, and people who cannot translate things properly. With Wicca, all people who follow it participate in the rituals, instead of a select group of clergy, and that each person is free to follow his or her own path, wether in Wicca or in another religion.

Another reason I chose to follow Wicca is the harmony with nature and the peaceful ideology it teaches. The mono-theistic religions preach that the one and only true god said that the human race is to be masters of the earth and all of it’s natural resources, and look what where that has left us. In a world scared by the conflict of waring peoples and ideals.

The people who know that I converted just look. They don’t say anything, just look. They look at me either in a sense of pity or looks that say what the **** have you done to yourself. Others look upon me, and see something in me that makes them avoid me. Oh well can’t change that.

Kristen_M said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 9:57 am

Very good article. Same reason I turned to Wicca. I was never really in tuned with my Jewish or Lutheren (sp) religion because my family is very laid back.

Once I startted to learn about Wicca, I finally found something that was missing in me. I've always been interested in stuff like Wicca since I was in 4th grade.

I'm still learning though, and I know it is going to take a while for me to gain all the knowledge I can. But I am also excited about it!

Blessed Be!

TrinityCreed said...
Oct. 18, 2010 at 9:28 am
I see no problem with your article. In fact I have a friend and an aunt who are wiccan. I'm okay with it. We as humans need to start to tolerate people of other faiths, that's what I would say.

Nyanchan replied...
I agree with you, TrinityCreed. People need to learn to be tolerant of others and shove their beliefs down the throats of "non-believers" who believe in other religions. (No offense to those who do!)

Mountain_of_the_Skull replied...
May 25, 2011 at 9:26 am
Woah, talk about brainwashing. TrinityCreed, you are a fool for saying that. There is one and only God, His name is LORD Jehovah!

missTaco said...
is wicca similar to voodoo or witchcraft? seems interesting...

Mistraven replied...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 11:51 am
Wicca is basiclly witchcraft. Don't get the wrong idea, as I said in the article, we are not evil and we don't hurt anyone. Most of the bad press comes from centuries of mud slining by the church. As for voodoo, there are some people, who are wiccans, who practice voodoo, but not for harmful reasons. I personly do not.

andromeda13 replied...
the most heard rumor about Wiccans is that we "worship the devil" or practice black magick or Voodoo. we don't, our #1 rule is "Harm None". all Wiccans are not "Witchs" and al "Witchs" are not Wiccans.