Life Is Not A Video Game

On a Xbox you can play these games where you can shoot up the whole neighborhood, steal cars, run over innocent civilians, rob a bank, get chased by the police, and do many other reckless things. But, if you try those things in real life, the only thing you are going to earn is a free ride in a police car. Then, they are going to lock you up and throw away the key.
You may be thinking, well! People do that every day and get away with it, so why can’t I.” The truth is, yes they do get away with it. Some people have murdered someone and have not even been considered a suspect. They may have gotten away with it by the judge but they haven’t got away with it by the “main” Judge. And when Judgment Day comes and they haven’t repented, then they are considered guilty.
People don’t realize that life is not a video game. If you die in a video game, you get another life. You can even restart the game. Then, you can go on playing until you lose another life. Cats have the benefit of nine lives, but we are humans, and we only have one life.God has given everyone this marvelous thing called “life”, and it’s your decision how you are going to live your life. It’s your choice if you want to go to heaven or go burn with the devil. And, you don’t have a long time to decide which you want. Life is not a video game, and you only have one life to live.

Dr.Jones This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm:

But using your logic, wouldn't believing in Christ as the Savior, etc., give you a second life?

Well put together work, and good luck with the book, but I think that it's a bit condescending to accuse people of not recognizing the different between video games and real life.  The entire reason video games exist and are so successful is because no sane person would ever do anything they are able to do in video games; they're a release, an escape, just like movies or books.

Jazzypooh replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 5:58 pm :
I was not saying that people exactly do this. It is futher explained in my book. I was using videos games as another example of people taking life for granted. 

Jazzypooh replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 6:02 pm :
And you are true about the second life. However, the things we do on earth now will not be allowed in heaven. And somepeople may not make it to heaven.  

CandieApple said...
Book sounds interesting..., but don't cats only have one life and nine lives are just a myth?  Because a cat can be run over by a car and be dead right away... =/

Lilliterra said...

I think you're talking about "Grand theft auto" Which is a bitter and sinful game. Who would want to even pretend they were doing stuff like that? 

But of course video games aren't inherently evil, and I don't know anyone who thinks life is a video game. Have you ever played any Mario games?

Jazzypooh replied...
Sept. 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm :
I was using that as a metaphor. Some people really don't take life seriously.

anneliese . said...
Sept. 25, 2010 at 11:37 am:
Great point!! Keep thinking like this and you could write a real book!

Jazzypooh replied...
Sept. 25, 2010 at 12:13 pm :
Thanks! I am now in the process of publishing my book.

Macx14 replied...
Sept. 25, 2010 at 12:51 pm :
Awesome!! And you're welcome