A TRUE FRIEND IS......

Ya’ll know that I’ve written about friendship before, but this time I’m gunna talk about the people…not the act.

What is a friend?
How do you treat them?
Do you have many? –if not…..have you figured out why?

Most people think that these questions are mainly for kids and their friends, but it’s a lifetime topic.

A friend is typically a non-relative that either shares the same interests as you, or you just enjoy being together so much that you don’t bother with the fact that you’re perhaps opposites. Normally if you are opposites, you won’t stay in a healthy relationship; you’ll start fighting, disagreeing on morals and standards, and just contrasting on everything! A true friend though, should have respect for your beliefs, so then you shouldn’t be bickering. Now if you completely disagree then you shouldn’t remain friends; you can stay cordial, but not friends. Example: I am a Christian. If I were to go to a public school which thankfully I do not, but if I were, I shouldn’t make strong ties with non-believers if my faith is new or if I struggle a lot; because those friends could cause me to stray away from my faith. If however I do have a strong faith and testimony which I believe I do, I would be able to have non-believing friends and keep my faith by standing up for it and calmly proving that friend wrong with Scripture.
A friend is someone who shares your emotion. If you’re sad and they love you, they’ll be sad if anything just at the fact that you’re sad! And the same for all the other emotions.
A friend sticketh closer than a brother(-Bible) as I have already written before. I mean really…who tells their siblings more than what they tell their friends? Not many. Not only is that how close they are, but it says that they stick with you closer than a brother. Well a brother is a brother till death! They can’t just stop being your sibling by doing anything technically, because they have your same blood, name, and DNA. (disownment doesn’t count) If that’s how close a brother is, just imagine how much closer a true friend is.
A friend is one who even through a fight as I have experienced still wants to call or txt or hang out. They just can’t stay mad at you forever. They love you and they need love back.
A friend is so many other things that I know that I could write for days in length with my personal experiences and examples and truths that I won’t….for your sakes lol.

Well now that we know what a friend is, how do you treat them? Is your idea of a friend becoming the leader of your little clique and having people who follow you around because you’re cool, pretty, smart, buff, whatever and not even care about who you guys really are? That’s just ludicrous! And not true friendship at all! The Bible says to treat others as you would have them to treat you. Now if you would like them to treat you the way a ruthless leader of a clique normally does than you’ve got some problems. I haven’t met anyone who’s ever wanted to be treated that way. The way you should treat your friends is by telling them things about them that make you like them and make you want to be their friend. You should treat them with respect, love, compassion, honesty, and conductive criticism. If you would want your friend to help you mature and grow then you should do the same for them.
This is probably the most difficult question to speak the truth about amongst the three. Think about it….do you have many friends? If so are they the right kind of friends? Friends that love you and you love them; friends that call when they haven’t heard from you in a couple of days or so; friends who still talk to you even when you’ve had a fight. If so then you must be somewhat of a good person lol and you are blessed. Your reward from God is true, good friends. If you don’t have many….I need to ask why? Look at your life and incidents where you’ve been around people and go through the scenario. Did you treat them the way you’d have wanted to be treated? Did you choose the right crowd of people? And ask any more questions that fit the specific scenario. If you did any of these wrong then…there’s your answer as to why you only have a few if any friends. I’m sorry to say, but it’s true…if you’re a jerk to people you’re not going to be liked. Would you like someone who was a jerk to you? I should hope not….

I hope these commentaries on these questions have helped. I hope you take my advice and use it. If you would like me to pray for you just comment on this and ask and I will be glad to pray for you. Some of you may be like ‘ok I agree with that so I’ll use that, but oh that’s Bible stuff…I…I...I won’t believe that.’ Well I want to ask this and I want you to think about it very hard.
Just because you don’t believe in the Bible, don’t you agree that it seems logical? Doesn’t it make sense? Doesn’t it seem like it would work?
Please think about it and just give it a try…if it works, maybe even consider giving God a try. I’m here for any more advice about anything or any questions you may have. (my dad is a pastor so I’m well knowledge lol)

powerwriter said...
honestly Mr./Mrs finatic, i enjoy reading your articles. dont let people like kelz irritate you with their higher than though art grammar condescention.

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
thank you so much and I won't. =) I rly appreciate that.....

powerwriter said...
Kelz, i have to say... i do not think its is right to say stuff to someone about their grammar issues. I mean... find something better to do with your time than correct a someone on a informally written paper.

Kelz1141 said...
I honestly have no idea what you article is about because to be 100% honest I didn't read it because in the first sentence (the one I read) there was a lot of grammatical errors. I'm not trying to be mean but this is a literary website and I think you should treat these articles like you would a school paper, and spell correctly.

Jesusandwordsfinatic replied...
I understand where you're coming from, but this was meant as an argumentative paper so i wrote it the way I would have argued it in person not as an actual paper.....

Kelz1141 replied...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 11:37 am
That is fine, I'm not saying that is really a bad thing, but I feel like your article would get a lot more traffic if you fixed it (for future refrence). I tend to take an article more seriously if the grammar and spelling is all correct.

Jesusandwordsfinatic replied...
well considering I am a teenager and I have enough papers to write correctly, this is an outlet for me to write the way I speak because I find that it's easier to express myself that way than having to worry about if everything is grammatically correct though I can do it I assure you; I handed an adult a paper one time and they said what website did you ge this off of? and i said I wrote it; it's a sumary of my book and they would not believe me. (the person was my previous English teacher)... (more »)

Kelz1141 replied...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:44 am
I of course do not mean for you to use words you usually wouldn't I just ment simple things, like spelling correctly. For example you first sentence has the word "gunna", but I understand you need a place to not have to worry about doing things correctly.

Jesusandwordsfinatic replied...
well if you wana point out faults you did not put a comma after 'for example' and you said you instead of your....thank you for respecting my opinions and expressing your own....

Jesusandwordsfinatic replied...
also....I would take your suggestions into consideration if you spelled the words in your own comments correctly; I think it is wrong to tell someone they should do something when they themselves do not do it. Matt 7:5 (I believe) says not to point out the mote in others (my) eye when you have a beam of your own in yours. =)

Kelz1141 replied...
Well, first of all I am not sure why you are being snooty when I was simply trying to help you. Secondly, spelling one or two things in a comment is different then using grammar incorrectly in an article. Lastly, I know I sometimes spell things oncorrectly, when did I ever say I never used incorrect grammar and spelling? Everyone does! I was just trying to help you, but excuse me if that offends you.

powerwriter replied...
ok dude first of all i really dont think mr/mrs "finatic" was being snooty. Plus how is it helping someone saying u didnt even read it because of gramatical errors. ur reasoning is slightly off... grammar errors are petty anyways and its even pettier telling someone they have them. Obviously this person already knew he/she had them so saying something about it is just being repetitive and beligerant. im not saying you are beligerant. just what u were saying seemed that way. i like reading and th... (more »)

Jesusandwordsfanatic replied...
yes....u r....and it is something you need to work on ;)

powerwriter replied...
ha thanks finatic i will keep that in my mind

Kelz1141 replied...
Honestly, just trying to help for next time, but whatever. She obviously can't handle constructive critisizm even though that is what this site it intended for.

powerwriter replied...
um... yeah this site is actually for writing... not criticizing other people on petty things... but whatever

Kelz1141 replied...
Well, I'm so glad the youth of our nation things spelling and grammar are petty and unimportant. We are in good hands!

powerwriter replied...
Dec. 4, 2010 at 8:04 am
only when it comes to informal stuff dude. i wouldnt turn in a paper to be published with incorrect grammar. u are definitely right with that kelz. my only issue with this was finatic already knew it and u were still saying something. i do believe correct spelling is important, but it is ok to be lenient in some things.

Kelz1141 replied...
Well, I think if she really didn't want the issue pressed further she wouldn't have continued to comment with things for me to rebuttal. Also, I think i was doing it in a very polite way, and it makes me a little angry that not only was she being rude to me, but you two were ganging up on me. I certainly didn't mean to cause an altercation, really just trying to help.

powerwriter replied...
your right, we did kinda gang up on you. sorry about that. i do realize now that u were trying to help, but u seemed a little... too forward in doing it. when u said that u didnt get past the first sentence... it did seem pretty rude. and if u really want to help, maybe next time, read the whole thing, so that way u can offer more imput than telling them they have bad grammar lol.