What Bugs Me About My Religious Point Of Vew | Teen Ink

What Bugs Me About My Religious Point Of Vew

By youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut

Being myself is difficult for a lot of reasons. One of the many is my point of view when it comes to religion.
I am a Roman Catholic and very proud of it. I try my best to serve God and his will, and when I don't, my soul always feels lost, and I need to confess my sins. I love God with all my heart. He saved me exactly one year ago, when I was at the bottom, and I am eternally grateful.
But no, I am not announcing it like those annoying preacher people you see around sometimes. I hate when people do that. It bugs everyone and actually pushes people away from the church.
I love God, but I listen to rock and roll, have friends of all varieties, and don't discriminate against anyone. I am nice and smart, and I don't just talk about Jesus all the time. In fact, like half of my friends are agnostic or atheist, and I accept that.
You know what I want? I want for there to be someone believes in God the way I do. In my school, it's either you love God and are obsessive about it or are normal and cool, but don't believe in God. It bugs me that I'm like the only person that is a normal Christian. Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I discriminate against everyone who isn't! And just because I listen to rock and dress in black doesn't mean I'm a non-believer! Can't I do both? Isn't there anyone that is like that? Gosh, get your facts right people! I'm sorry I don't fall into stereotypes.

KellyR GOLD said...
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

I have no religion, but I think it's okay for people to believe in God when I do not. I think religion can be good for people when they don't take it to seriously. I mean who am I to point and someone and go no your absolutley wrong? I do not have the right to do that, but I do have the right to my opinion.

ScottishLeprechaun, Meadow Lake, Other
How can you be an atheist, and not dispute her and call her wrong, becasue you know she is. you cant say "there is no god" then say "but if you want there to be, you can believe that"

tuasony said...
on Aug. 22 2010 at 8:20 am
Being a christain, I know I'm saved from eternal death, but I also know that some of my freinds hasn't made the same decision. It hurts me to know that they wont make by being good. What do I do to not offend them? Just leave them alone? Please tell because I'm at my edge!

RipponLeaEnergise BRONZE, Clayton, Other

"how wonderful it is that nobody has to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world"

Anne Frank

im an atheist, and if u like god they way you do, then whos stopping you? never stop beliveing.