What Bugs Me About My Religious Point Of Vew | Teen Ink

What Bugs Me About My Religious Point Of Vew

August 13, 2010
By youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
youaintgotnopancakemix SILVER, Danbury, Connecticut
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Being myself is difficult for a lot of reasons. One of the many is my point of view when it comes to religion.
I am a Roman Catholic and very proud of it. I try my best to serve God and his will, and when I don't, my soul always feels lost, and I need to confess my sins. I love God with all my heart. He saved me exactly one year ago, when I was at the bottom, and I am eternally grateful.
But no, I am not announcing it like those annoying preacher people you see around sometimes. I hate when people do that. It bugs everyone and actually pushes people away from the church.
I love God, but I listen to rock and roll, have friends of all varieties, and don't discriminate against anyone. I am nice and smart, and I don't just talk about Jesus all the time. In fact, like half of my friends are agnostic or atheist, and I accept that.
You know what I want? I want for there to be someone believes in God the way I do. In my school, it's either you love God and are obsessive about it or are normal and cool, but don't believe in God. It bugs me that I'm like the only person that is a normal Christian. Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I discriminate against everyone who isn't! And just because I listen to rock and dress in black doesn't mean I'm a non-believer! Can't I do both? Isn't there anyone that is like that? Gosh, get your facts right people! I'm sorry I don't fall into stereotypes.