What Bugs Me About My Religious Point Of Vew

Being myself is difficult for a lot of reasons. One of the many is my point of view when it comes to religion.
I am a Roman Catholic and very proud of it. I try my best to serve God and his will, and when I don't, my soul always feels lost, and I need to confess my sins. I love God with all my heart. He saved me exactly one year ago, when I was at the bottom, and I am eternally grateful.
But no, I am not announcing it like those annoying preacher people you see around sometimes. I hate when people do that. It bugs everyone and actually pushes people away from the church.
I love God, but I listen to rock and roll, have friends of all varieties, and don't discriminate against anyone. I am nice and smart, and I don't just talk about Jesus all the time. In fact, like half of my friends are agnostic or atheist, and I accept that.
You know what I want? I want for there to be someone believes in God the way I do. In my school, it's either you love God and are obsessive about it or are normal and cool, but don't believe in God. It bugs me that I'm like the only person that is a normal Christian. Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean I discriminate against everyone who isn't! And just because I listen to rock and dress in black doesn't mean I'm a non-believer! Can't I do both? Isn't there anyone that is like that? Gosh, get your facts right people! I'm sorry I don't fall into stereotypes.

tuasony said...
Aug. 22, 2010 at 8:20 am
Being a christain, I know I'm saved from eternal death, but I also know that some of my freinds hasn't made the same decision. It hurts me to know that they wont make by being good. What do I do to not offend them? Just leave them alone? Please tell because I'm at my edge!

stopandrewind said...
im an atheist, and if u like god they way you do, then whos stopping you? never stop beliveing.

ScottishLeprechaun replied...
How can you be an atheist, and not dispute her and call her wrong, becasue you know she is. you cant say "there is no god" then say "but if you want there to be, you can believe that"

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I have no religion, but I think it's okay for people to believe in God when I do not. I think religion can be good for people when they don't take it to seriously. I mean who am I to point and someone and go no your absolutley wrong? I do not have the right to do that, but I do have the right to my opinion.