Seriously? | Teen Ink

Seriously?

August 5, 2010
By leeleewolfie BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
leeleewolfie BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."


I’m not into sports. I’m not interested in Future Farmers of America, or in Business Professionals of America. The only school club I’m in is Christians in Action. There is a teacher who stays in the room to make sure that we’re not doing anything we shouldn’t be, but she doesn’t participate because she’s not allowed. I feel like I can trust this group, and it’s a place I feel I can fit in. Now it might get taken away from me?

I don’t do a lot to stand out in my high school. I’m not very popular. I’m one of those girls who you never really notice. But I always participate in See You at the Pole, and we also meet at the flagpole for National Day of Prayer. Now this, my one chance of standing out, might be taken away from me?

When I pray in public, it is quiet and to myself. And even when I pray in a small group, I don’t make anyone join in. Yet by simply praying, I’m forcing my religion on people? And soon I’m not going to be able to do it?

No. No. No.

I’m not making anyone believe what I do. If you want to be Buddhist or Jewish or atheist, go ahead. I may think you are wrong, but I’m not going to hold it against you. I’m not going to stop you if you start practicing your belief in front of me. I’m not going to argue with you if you want to talk about it. If you wear a Yakama or Hijab, I’m not going to judge. But don’t stop me from being a Christian.


The author's comments:
I'm not hating on other religions, I'm just trying to practice my own.