Nature | Teen Ink

Nature

July 11, 2010
By hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
hanbanann4501 GOLD, Wakeman, Ohio
16 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
laugh with friends, love with all of your heart and live life to the fullest. You never know when your first chance could be your last to make mistakes.


Emerson once wrote: "What is a weed?" His whole quote states that no matter how big the plant or how beautiful the blossom, everything has its own purpose. It could be the smallest or the ugliest, but it still has its own reasons to be put on this earth. So ask yourself, what type of plant are you? are you the type of plant that has long roots like a tree? or are you the type of plant that has short roots like a rose bush? No matter what type of plant you may be, the tree or the rose bush. You always have a purpose to be put on this earth and to be able to breathe this air. God takes the best out of this world for he believes that the best deserve to be with him. Are you the person who would show off their beauty on the outside and ignore the inside? or are you the type that would cease to show the outer and more of the inner? What is a weed? and what is it's purpose?


The author's comments:
I decided to write this piece because I have been discriminated against for things that I choose not to show. I am bi-racial and I am proud to show that off to the world. But I will not use that as an excuse to get what I want.