Latter Day Saints

I am amazed at the comments i have heard about Mormons.We apparently are men married to 10 women and sport long beards. I once was asked when talking about religion with a friend,"How many moms do you have? Man it must crowded in your house with so many children and women..." I quickly obliged and joked,"I have 10 moms and 20 brothers and sisters." He looked at me with wide eyes and a confused expression. What people don't understand is that everone back when the church was reorganized (1830) mostly EVERYONE had more than one wife. It was just the way of life. And as for the beards well, it was the style.

The Book of Mormon is a seperate book of the bible. Although it is a continuation of it. Together, the Bible and the Book of Mormon are the entire truth of our gospel.

I could spend an entire year explaining our differences, the contraverseys, and why we are who we are... But i cant.Momons are not bad, we are peaceful, god-loving people withsome members who don't always show the princibles of our church like any other church organization. And guess what? I'm pretty proud of it.

MorenSore said...

You rock for posting this, i'm mormon/ LDS. Have you ever been asked which of your sybolings your going to marry. i think thats the wierdest one i've heard so far.

ekaterinahansingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oi! I love this! I'm mormon too, so thanks for defending our religon!

I LIKE PIE said...

I have always thought that the reason we have so many 'haters' is that satan knows we are worth fighting for. 

PS. if u want to learn more about mormons, go to Mormon.org.

moonlitnite said...
my best friend is Mormon so I have been around her family and her beliefs alot. And I think it is a beautiful religion, centered on family and morality. I don't understand why people make such a big deal about Mormons.

i_love_pancakes said...
i know right? we went through a long era where u were catholic or a horrible person. then christian or a terrible person. now it seems like u need to have no religion to fit in... everyone needs to get there act together and realize this is the 20th century. we are not cavemen who dont know what fire is. we are a modern and intelligent people who differ culture, beliefs, and backgrounds. theres no such thing as a perfect person...

AndersN replied...
I agree with the fact that "the crowd" has no religion, and that if you believe in the bible or the Book of Mormon, you are an optimistic pill.

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I wish my friend Quentin could read this. He's Mormon, so I can't stand it when people say such mean things about Mormoms. He's a normal guy, he has ONE mom, no siblings, and he's a nice guy. Anyone who knew him would never say a cruel word about Mormons again.

Mickie-Heart replied...
thanks- i knew i wasnt alone. We mormons are just normal people with different beleifs. i dont get why people feel the need to make fun of us or call us names... i jsut dont get it

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I don't get it either. I thought we had come far enough to respect people's beliefs and that people would be smart enough to know that stereotypes aren't always true. I guess not.

i_love_pancakes replied...
people need to stop acting like cavemen and realize this is the first century. Not everyone belongs to a religion, but that, under noo circumstances, does that mean they have the right to ridicule us because we are different. same goes for alot of other religions out there

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
oh thank you~ i just hear bad things about mormons all the time and this is nice to hear~ its nice to know im not alone

Mickie-Heart replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 12:49 am
just being curious, i looked up LDS, and latter day saints in the search box and nothing came up... i knew other people felt the same way that others were mis led to think of us 9in general) in a bad light...