2012 In My Opinion | Teen Ink

2012 In My Opinion

June 21, 2010
By jyacko BRONZE, Grand Ridge, Illinois
jyacko BRONZE, Grand Ridge, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
you dont know what you were born for unless you know what you are willing to die for.


In the past few months, I have done my best to take in every last bit of information on what science suggests for 2012. When people study what is going to happen on the 21st of December 2012, they look into N.A.S.A updates and geological damage. When I look into 2012, I take matters into religion. Scientists believe that what happens in 2012 is what happened in the story of Noah’s Ark. God flooded the earth to rid it of bad people. Although God promised to never to flood the earth again, the earth goes through a 640000 year cycle of this happening. The reason civilization has survived this before is it is far more advanced than it was then. Head this warning, only those who listen will survive. I do not feel I am worthy of surviving and so if and when this apocalypse does occur, I will do my best to get my family and friends to safety. I know God will decide who lives through this. If you ask yourself: In a post apocalyptic world, what would be your top priority as leader? What would you say? You look around, billions of people are dead, buildings have been demolished, and all survivors have been severely wounded. If you upset the established order, then everything becomes chaos. I wonder if God intends to make this our Armageddon. Like in Noah’s ark, I think this is something God does in an attempt to destroy everything so Jesus may come down to judge the living and the dead. In support of my belief, I have no intention of surviving this. When I think of 2012, I think of past moments in mankind’s brief existence: The holocaust, The Tower of Babel, inventions of all sorts, and many more. Please, do not gather your whole family and head to your bunker or bomb shelter, but merely look into the eyes of fate and gladly accept it. May peace be with you all, and may destiny seal your fate.


The author's comments:
my belief in 2012