2012 In My Opinion | Teen Ink

2012 In My Opinion

By jyacko BRONZE, Grand Ridge, Illinois
jyacko BRONZE, Grand Ridge, Illinois

you dont know what you were born for unless you know what you are willing to die for.

In the past few months, I have done my best to take in every last bit of information on what science suggests for 2012. When people study what is going to happen on the 21st of December 2012, they look into N.A.S.A updates and geological damage. When I look into 2012, I take matters into religion. Scientists believe that what happens in 2012 is what happened in the story of Noah’s Ark. God flooded the earth to rid it of bad people. Although God promised to never to flood the earth again, the earth goes through a 640000 year cycle of this happening. The reason civilization has survived this before is it is far more advanced than it was then. Head this warning, only those who listen will survive. I do not feel I am worthy of surviving and so if and when this apocalypse does occur, I will do my best to get my family and friends to safety. I know God will decide who lives through this. If you ask yourself: In a post apocalyptic world, what would be your top priority as leader? What would you say? You look around, billions of people are dead, buildings have been demolished, and all survivors have been severely wounded. If you upset the established order, then everything becomes chaos. I wonder if God intends to make this our Armageddon. Like in Noah’s ark, I think this is something God does in an attempt to destroy everything so Jesus may come down to judge the living and the dead. In support of my belief, I have no intention of surviving this. When I think of 2012, I think of past moments in mankind’s brief existence: The holocaust, The Tower of Babel, inventions of all sorts, and many more. Please, do not gather your whole family and head to your bunker or bomb shelter, but merely look into the eyes of fate and gladly accept it. May peace be with you all, and may destiny seal your fate.

my belief in 2012

conversegirl23 BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska
1 article 1 photo 36 comments

"So many frogs, so few princes"

i agree with you.

fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona

Sorry to rain on your parade but there are a few things that need explaining here.

About the flood- God promised not to flood the Earth anymore, you're right. He said he'll destroy us by fire when the time comes, which could mean volcanoes or nuclear warfare or anything else of that type. I don't believe God would let the Earth flood again even if the Earth thinks it has a nice cycle going for itself.

About 2012- I don't know how recent your info is, but scientists were wrong and openly admitted as such. The date for the end of the world was predicted on a Mayan calender but humans, being the idiots we are, read the date as we would for a Julian calender, spreading the lie of 2012 to the world. In actuality, the Mayans who predicted the flood and the meteor and all that Hollywood-esque stuff you hear about wrote that the end of the world would be January 1st, 2009. Oops. So the world won't end this year- at least, not according to the Mayans.

Hope I helped fix some errors.