Just Another Skeptic | Teen Ink

Just Another Skeptic

June 27, 2010
By LindsayLoo GOLD, Howell, Michigan
LindsayLoo GOLD, Howell, Michigan
11 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Fall Down Seven Times, Get up Eight." -Chinese Proverb


There are plenty of things that we wonder about in life. Questions that we ask ourselves that might never be answered. Some answers a person might give one’s self is that it was created and/or decided by a higher power. This may be sufficient for those questions that are unknown for most people, but for some it isn’t enough. Possibly that answer leads to more questions. Such as, “ What is a higher power?”, “What made it so powerful?”, “Is this higher power just a figment of our imagination?”


There has been “proof” of these higher powers. Ancient scriptures and documents, sating sights or encounters of such holy beings, prove such things. Any person, that is skeptic of the subject, might be satisfied with these documents. Others will look for more than that. They would look upon these artifacts and question them. “How can you prove that these persons that wrote these, actually had such experiences?”


Maybe we will never know. Maybe some day we will find out.



But for now, we will always be wondering.

The author's comments:
I was almost always forced into religion growing up.