Just Another Skeptic

There are plenty of things that we wonder about in life. Questions that we ask ourselves that might never be answered. Some answers a person might give one’s self is that it was created and/or decided by a higher power. This may be sufficient for those questions that are unknown for most people, but for some it isn’t enough. Possibly that answer leads to more questions. Such as, “ What is a higher power?”, “What made it so powerful?”, “Is this higher power just a figment of our imagination?”

There has been “proof” of these higher powers. Ancient scriptures and documents, sating sights or encounters of such holy beings, prove such things. Any person, that is skeptic of the subject, might be satisfied with these documents. Others will look for more than that. They would look upon these artifacts and question them. “How can you prove that these persons that wrote these, actually had such experiences?”

Maybe we will never know. Maybe some day we will find out.

But for now, we will always be wondering.

Jesus_Freak said...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:10 pm:
I feel bad that religion was forced on you. I don't believe in forcing someone into a religion, but at the same time I am a Christian. So, I believe in the bible, although it's very possible that not everything in the bible is true. I do believe some of the major stuff though. Like all of the stories of Jesus, his deciples, Noah and the Ark, Moses, and so on.

matt7 replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 7:54 pm :

If you believe the Bible is the inspired word of God (which as a Christian, I hope you do) there should'nt be any doubt about the truthfullness of the Bible. If you start questioning one portion of the Bible, then why not question the whole thing? That is the danger one might fall into when they say that they are not going to believe in a particular part.

On that note, people might claim that is irrational to believe the Bible (although there is a lot of acheological evidence). But eve... (more »)

LindsayLoo replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 9:56 pm :
It's alright. I am sorry if this was offending in any way. It was just a train of thought.