A Fair Religion?

Every religion has it's quirks, eccentricities, or odditties. Some however, I think go to far. In many Islamic religions, women are required to wear burqas, or garments of clothing that entirely cover the body but for two tiny eye holes. They are never allowed to take them off or wear differen clothes in public, or so says the koran. Even this kind of religion I would think fine if the men were also required to wear similar clothing, but they aren't. I think this directly shows male chauvinism at the base of these religions, which is the real reason I can't accept them very well. Although many may disagree, I feel this is an important issue, especially in Middle Eastern countries where this is a common belief.

ZOEMALIKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24, 2016 at 11:32 am
sorry to break it out to you but i totallllllllllllllllllly DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TerraAnimusPatronus said...
Why do you care its not your religion and they wear them because its culture their bueaty is only for the husband to see

Destinee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Here's what's wrong with this article:

1. In many Islamic religions

There are two Islamic sects. They're not referred to as "religions". They're called "sects". The Sunni sect has four major POVs, in which some things are emphasised more than others. These are called houses.

2. "Or so says the koran".

Capitalise the "K". This is a writing website. At least use proper nouns correctly.

3. It does not say in the Koran that women have to wear 'garments o... (more »)

Raafay said...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:54 am
well boys dont have breasts do they? and its not at all compulsory, u can wear jeans and ling skirts etc. I dont know why you think that scarf is compulsory in Islam ... there are moderate and extreme in every religion. In your christianity too nuns do cover there body. But in europe I know that human freedom is given more preference then religion, otherwise its same in every religion :)

krazykathleen said...
I've never thought about this before, and I agree with you. I am a Christian and I don't know very much about middle eastern religions, but I do know about that clothing and it does seem unfair! Your article was somewhat short- I think if you make it longer and back it up with more opinion and fact you could have a really good article. It's an interesting topic!

that_one_song replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:52 am

thanks for the feedback. I know that this artcle is kind of short, but that is mainly because i was just thinking about this one day and got it all down as fast as i could. thanks and i am thinking about rewriting it longer and more thoroughly.

thanks :)

Raafay said...
Jul. 1, 2010 at 2:02 am
wearing scarf and covering the body is not any kind of discrimination, infact it actually is for the betterment of the womens so that they are protected from the greedy eyes of men who are over desperate..I am a muslim myself and it is not compulsory for women to cover except eyes, they can wear everything that covers the parts of the body that attract men, hope u got my point as im not going in to deep detail !! :)

that_one_song replied...
Jul. 19, 2010 at 6:47 am

in a way, i see where you are coming from. i can see how this idea could easily be in a religion, but then this would be like saying girls should not be able to see "hot" guys with their shirtts off so that the men "are protected from the greedy eyes" of women.

I respect your religion and don´t want to sound intolerant. I am just glad that both sides were represented in the discussion of this article

that_one_song said...
Please comment

Chaotic_Serenity_13 replied...
You know, your right. i think that men should have to wear that kind of clothing as well. What is a religion that just tries tyo prove we are different. Aren't we all supposed to be treated equally among our group of believers? I truly get what you mean. Hope this helps :)

that_one_song replied...

hey thanks alot. I don't want sound intolerant of any religions, but I think this is wrong. I'm just glad someone agrees. :)

Chaotic_Serenity_13 replied...
of course :) i know about not wanting to sound intolerant. Some people just dont care and be rude. i hate that and i'm glad you didn't take that path