To Believe | Teen Ink

To Believe

By the_sky_is_blue GOLD, Reno, Nevada
the_sky_is_blue GOLD, Reno, Nevada

"Become the change you want to see"-Mahatma Gandhi

To believe an untruth is to believe a lie. But what if the untruth is truthful in that you believe it to be the actual truth, and reject the actual truth? Does the untruth become a truth or are you just lying to yourself?

To believe in something you cannot see is to have faith. Are you lying to yourself by making up signs that aren't there or are the signs true? Do you believe an untruth just to give your life meaning or is it actually there?

To believe a euphemism is to believe a lie. Candy is not still sweet if it is bitter and flavorless on the inside. Instead, give me reality. Give me the truth, not a lie. For it is better to die because of a truth than to live illusioned.

on Sep. 24 2010 at 2:07 pm
A_Fate_Unknown BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington

Those who make peacefull revolution impossible, Will make violent Revolution inevitable.

i agree, i dont beleive in things unless there is proof.

on Jul. 4 2010 at 3:55 pm
CrystalDE PLATINUM, Concord, North Carolina
Wow, good statement. Whats the truth and what isn't?

on May. 27 2010 at 8:43 pm
the_sky_is_blue GOLD, Reno, Nevada

Thank You!  I like your work too!And actually no lol. I was just thinking about life one night a while ago and I wrote this.  I just now put it on the website, but I'm glad you like it:)

Cigg.Sunn GOLD said...
on May. 27 2010 at 7:35 pm
Cigg.Sunn GOLD, Avondale, Arizona

"When we were yonger, we used to think dandelions were flowers, it's not until we grew up that we begun calling them flowers. Dandelions never changed. Our standards did."

You never fail to inpress.

(: Was this written in thoughts of my thread?