Jesus who?

The Darwin awards or the Bibile? Creationism or Evolution? Which book does modern youth enjoy more? Which theory do they believe in and respect? Modern youth are following a general trend toward science and technology and away from the holy trinity. The technology wave has created things such as the ipod and insulin whereas religion, more specifically the Chatholic church, has remained obsolete and has not evolved from what it once was. Science has also answered age old questions that religioned never dared fathom such as the history of the world and the human genetic code. Religion is based on the fact that an omnipotent and benevolent being is watching over us and knows the answers to everything in the world. Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God, who is debatably a fictional character. Youth of our era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church. Is this a bad thing?
Although science has advanced our society beyong imagine it is also the source of most of our trouble. Science has devided the world. Everhyone is connected but only a rare few are really together. Today's generation comunicates through email and electronics whereas religion promotes unity in person. Science has ripped nations apart with the creation of weapons whereas religion promotes the old saying : do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Catholic church promotes faith and accountability towards God. Science promotes progress with an optional consideration for ethics and morals. Science is cool and dangerous. Religion is old and boring. Youth love science and find religion dull. Can you blame them?

krazykathleen said...
Please, learn how to spell "Bible." You seem to somewhat contradict yourself in this piece. You say how God is "debatably a fiction character," and go on to say scientist have proven DNA and such. Then at the end suddenly we find out you believe, though you spent the whole article talking about scientifc evidence. Then, the last sentence is "Can you blame them?" And I again wondered what side you were on! O yeah and for your information, I would rather go to church than go on the computer. ... (more »)

sammm7 replied...
May 11, 2010 at 1:47 am
Thanks once again for the help with my terrible spelling... (can we say typing error?) The point I'm trying to make is that following generations who are brought up in a society relying more and more on scientific development are going to disregard "The relationship with Christ" because of the interest and proof behind the theory of evolution. Where in this whole article do I contradict myself? Good for you to believe in Christ and congratulations if you can enjoy yourself in church but can... (more »)

nlee replied...
May 16, 2010 at 11:20 am
jesus, people shut up about the bible typo. and yes i said TYPO. and you know what? maybe YOU find going to church fun but honestly, if you actually did the research you would find that 7 out of ten teens DO NOT enjoy going to church. and if you're wondering i have done the research.

krazykathleen replied...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:00 am
All I was trying to say was I liked going to church and I'm tired of reading stuff that just say teens don't do or like x or z. Also, the author said "Youth of era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church" and I took that as everyone. I respect you for doing research and I would have had more tolerance if there was proof to back up that statement in the article.

krazykathleen replied...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:04 am
Well I respect you for doing research and I would have had more tolerance if there was evidence to back up the statement in this article. The sentence didn't clarify that the "majority" or "some" teens would rather spend the morning on the computer than go to church it said "youth of our era" which I took to mean as everyone. Just because everyone the author knows would rather do that doesn't mean everyone else would. That's all I was trying to say and I really don't want to get into a big fight.

krazykathleen replied...
Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:07 am
 I respect you for doing research and if there had been evidence in the article I would have been more tolerant of it. The statement in the paper seemed to say all the youth would rather go on the computer, not the majoritiy. Just because everyone the author knows would rather browse the web than go to church doesn't mean that applies to everyone else.

krazykathleen replied...
Oh my gosh I didn't mean to post three responses! My comments weren't posting so I retyped them... lol. Sorry about that.

matt7 replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:59 am
Kids also see school as boring and video games fun. :o  So what are you saying about ministers should not teach "love your neihbor as yourself" becasue they think its boring. Its called discipline.

sleeplessdreamer said...

I would just like to say one or two... or several things.

First, religion and insulin...? Um, just because you are a Christian doesn't mean that you can't be a scientist... It is very possible a Christian could have discovered that. The comparison is completely moot. I am a strong Christian and fully believe in many scientific principles.

Why doesn't religion move forward and stop "being dull"? First, I don't understand what you want Christian scientists to do... seperate t... (more »)

sammm7 said...
All of these comments are very interesting. I'd just like to clarify that I do not hate christianity and I am guilty of overgeneralizing. The message of the article was meant to be that new generations are and will be susceptable to the pros of science and the theory of evolution because of the new proof and progress being made. I go to church and believe that the church is an excellent thing. It helps the community and people can find support in the belief of someone watching over them however,... (more »)

choreographer218 said...
I personally agree with BuddhaChica and I don't know about you, but I love worshiping God, and I am an average teenager. I also have a ton of friends who love to worship our Lord Jesus Christ. BTW... you don't have to believe in Jesus for Him to love you

snow_monkey said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:08 am
I don't think scientists actually have the "proof" they claim to have.  Scientists aren't always right.  God gives us signs.  I mean, who says scientists can't be Christians? There are many Christian scientists in the world.  Evolution isn't proven to be real.  I can see that the world is expanding, but that doesn't prove a thing.  There are many teens out there who love Him, but are also interested in science.

Isajo said...
i would just like to clarify one thing: Christianity means follower of Christ. Its not a religion, its a relationship. 

tuasony replied...
you are right. Im a christ follower

MaeFlower said...

This is kind of true, but at the same time, it's not. 

A) your first  comparison is of two entirely unrelated subjects.  The Darwin awards are awards for people who somehow kill/disable themselves in very unintelligent ways.  And The Bible is spelled B-I-B-L-E (Yes that's the book for me...) 

Personally, I don't know if you come from an unbiased stanpoint or not, but it soundslike you are an athiest.  Correct me if I'm wrong. ... (more »)

nlee replied...

Hmm, you made a few gramatical errors in that novel of a comment you wrote.

a) you're meant to put spaces between words ( you said soundslike)

b) standpoint is spelled S-T-A-N-D-P-O-I-N-T

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Correct me if i'm wrong (Ring a bell?).

MaeFlower replied...
Wow.  well thank you at least for the correction. 

Donald K. said...
I disagree with science dividing the world more than religion. Technology has connected us. Without science I couldn't be talking to someone in Japan one minute and someone in Norway the next. Science has cut the time to communicate between continents from six months to six seconds. Moreover religion is a huge cause of division amongst the world. Why do you think the US war in Afghanistan started? Because some Islamic Religious fanatics decided to come and destroy the Christian infidels in the U... (more »)

sammm7 replied...
Thank you for your comment it's a very good point. I am talking about personal communications vs email. Church promotes getting together personally. I do agree that it's amazing that we can communicate across the world in seconds. I suppose they both promote togetherness in different ways.

ni77 said...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 8:35 am
i find this article very interesting. science is something i know i will always have more interest compared to religion, but that may be because i was brought up by a father who is strictly atheist.  science has a lot more evidence behind it. i know people want something to believe in, but i think its time we start thinking more logically and realise there really isnt any proof to back up religion.

Dreamer5712 replied...
what are you talking about! do some research before you say that there's no evidence behind religion i'm a christian and have experienced one on one the evidence of God my pastor took a group of teens to mexico to pray for people and a woman that had been blind for forty years came up and as they were praying for her she started being able to see again and that was not bible times that was in the past ten years other unexplainable medical miracles have been made look around there's evidence all over