Jesus who?

The Darwin awards or the Bibile? Creationism or Evolution? Which book does modern youth enjoy more? Which theory do they believe in and respect? Modern youth are following a general trend toward science and technology and away from the holy trinity. The technology wave has created things such as the ipod and insulin whereas religion, more specifically the Chatholic church, has remained obsolete and has not evolved from what it once was. Science has also answered age old questions that religioned never dared fathom such as the history of the world and the human genetic code. Religion is based on the fact that an omnipotent and benevolent being is watching over us and knows the answers to everything in the world. Science has proved the existance of DNA whereas Catholics are content to believe in God, who is debatably a fictional character. Youth of our era would rather spend a morning in front of the computer then in church. Is this a bad thing?
Although science has advanced our society beyong imagine it is also the source of most of our trouble. Science has devided the world. Everhyone is connected but only a rare few are really together. Today's generation comunicates through email and electronics whereas religion promotes unity in person. Science has ripped nations apart with the creation of weapons whereas religion promotes the old saying : do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The Catholic church promotes faith and accountability towards God. Science promotes progress with an optional consideration for ethics and morals. Science is cool and dangerous. Religion is old and boring. Youth love science and find religion dull. Can you blame them?

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 7:27 pm:
I love God and find science extremely dull!  God loves me, gave me a second chance, when I seek him I find him, he is everywhere for me, is always with me, he keeps me safe, I find peace and hope and purpose in him.  Science just frustrates me.  I prefer to talk with God.  Can you blame me?

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm :
Also, we both know that that's not what i meant about the research comment, so no thank you, i'd actually like to stay on topic. You said that you find science dull. then you said that people should research before they make generalizations. Are you telling me that saying "science is dull" isn't an unresearched generalization?

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm :
And as for your appeals to "god" and his "light", that won't get you much sway from an atheist.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:36 pm :
Okay, listen, I don't expect to sway you, just don't expect to sway me either. And I didn't make a generalization saying that science is dull. I said that I find science dull. I have plenty of friends who love science, I just don't. It's not uninteresting, but it's not my best subject.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 9:34 pm :
I wasn't referring to "sway" in the sense that you want to convert me or anything; i was referring to in in the sense that what you're saying isn't a sound argument and that it doesn't have the logic to back you up.

Mar. 20, 2011 at 10:27 pm :
God doesn't need logic.  He's very illogical sometimes, and I like that.  I don't always understand him, and that's okay too.  I struggle with my faith, but I only need it in the size of a mustard seed and I can move mountains.  You say that I don't have a sound argument, but I'm just going to say that all you've said to me isn't sound at all.  And it really hold no sway with me either.  It's been very interesting, I just disagree.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:06 am :
 I don't care what "God" needs. Your argument had no solid proof to back it up, and you STILL haven't even offered ONE PIECE of evidence as to why i'm wrong an why my argument isn't sound. If you don't always understand him, then how can you even dare to speculate on his properties?

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:07 am :
I don't care what "God" needs. Your argument had no solid proof to back it up, and you STILL haven't even offered ONE PIECE of evidence as to why i'm wrong an why my argument isn't sound.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:12 am :
I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't offered evidence why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him, then how do you dare speculate on his properties?

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:16 am :
I don't care what he needs. Your argument had no proof and you haven't given proof of why i'm wrong. If you don't always understand him then how do you DARE speculate on his properties?

Mar. 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm :
First off, if you post a comment and it doesn't just appear, that doesn't mean it didnt go through. Next, I doubt there's anything I can say that will make the slightest bit of difference to your opinion of me. Now, since I don't need your approval, that's fine, but i'll say something anyway. First off, all of nature is a testimony to me.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm :
Testimony to you =/= Actual evidence

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 3:59 pm :
Also, you're wrong on that last comment. There IS something you can say that would change my opinion. You could use valid sources for evidence rather than relying on emotional (and demonstrably false) appeals.

blues_are.still_blue replied...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 4:22 pm :
And since you ignored my question on the fact that you have no grounds for claiming the properties of God, i'll let the records show that i won that one.

Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:32 am :

Okay, most of the previous comments were made on my phone, and sometimes I accidently made the touch QWERTY disappear and it wouldn't come back, so I didn't always say as much as I wanted to say.  I've talked with my mom about the things that've been said back and forth and we had a really interesting disscussion.  Anyway, I'd like to say some new things now.

I'm sorry.  I really didn't come across to you like I wanted to.  I want you to know that I really appreciat... (more »)

AnonymousFatty replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 10:33 am :
The problem with religion is that no matter what argument you put on the table they can just say "God works in mysterious ways". You can give up, she wants to be left in the dark, and that's where she'll stay forever.

Apr. 8, 2011 at 5:16 pm :
I really don't know what your problem is.  From my point of view, YOU are in the dark.  You don't need to be rude about it.  I'm a little upset at the editors, because I wrote a very long comment explaining everything I wanted to say after I talked with my mom about it, and they didn't put it up.  I don't know why, I didn't say anything wrong.  Anyway, saying "God works in mysterious ways" is a true enough statement for me, but I wouldn't say that to you, because I know ... (more »)

TeaCat replied...
Jun. 29, 2011 at 10:20 am :
Guys, leave HisPurePrincess alone. She has her beliefs, you have yours. I personally don't believe in God, but does that mean I have to get on her case and be rude to her about it? No! Athiests are just as  "bad" as Christians with the whole "your religion is wrong" stuff, and it's people like you that turn polite discussions into heated arguments, so please, respect her and her beliefs.

annelindy replied...
Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm :
You know, in all of this I just thought of something kinda plain and silly in its plainess: If we could fully understand God, He wouldn't be God, would He?

Aug. 1, 2011 at 5:04 pm :
exactly.  i don't even want to try and understand God, or some of the things that only he knows.  It gives me a headache.  I like letting him be the boss.

Chica-de-sonrisas said...
you say science has answered the age-old question of the history of the world....you might need to clarify that thought. i think you meant the "creation" of the world..the history is just something that has already occured in the past.if you meant creation,though, the Bible has already answered that age old question long before humans began to come up with their own versions of it.im not just saying, oh its older, so it must be better, no im just saying that everything the Bible has predicted,or... (more »)