OMG?

The way I see it is when you go through something that changes you and your perspective on life, one of two things will happen:
Your faith will either become stronger than it was,
Or you will question what you once believed were true.
I’ve seen people who have been through the worst in life, yet they think that’s what god intended for them. But if he wanted you to live happy would he not take away things that are so precious to you? Would he not see the troubles and think maybe this is too much for them to handle? If he really cared so much why do you think such world problems such as the holocaust, the dropping of the atomic bomb in Japan, the genocides in Africa, tsunamis, terrorist bombings, and earthquakes that happened in Haiti are still happening?

Yes, I know that some problems are our fault because of the human race and our small minds. But what if god made such problems for humans?

Now people are afraid of people in the Middle East because of some drastic measures they use to get their point across, take Muslims for example:
Their faith leads them to believe that Muhammad sent the prophecy from Allah, which is now the religion called Islam. Did anyone ever realize that this could possibly be what god intended for us all along? Is it what people really hear when they say god told them that? Or is it just their own insanity?

I personally do not believe in god. Even though I was brought up in the Jewish religion. I choose not to believe in a man who lives in the sky. To me it’s just a make believe story told by people who were crazy. I do believe in a higher power. And people say well that’s like god but to me “god” is too strong of a word to use, I also believe in little things from different religions. I don’t think I should have to limit myself to just one thing:
Why can’t I believe in reincarnation and karma from the Buddhists?
Or heaven and hell from the Christians? To me it’s just a way to make people feel secure, So that they always feel like there is a holy man protecting them 24/7.

God is such an unlimited word. It’s used in so many different texts, phrases and sentences throughout the world. But it’s taken in and consumed by so many people that it’s almost like it’s lost its meaning. The meaning of a savior. The meaning of life. Of the world. Of god.

Don’t just follow the way the wind blows. Don’t be inhaled by society and be forced to think things that you don’t like. You always have a choice. And open your minds to new ideas, cultures, and beliefs in the world. Because those who are knowledgeable, are the powerful.

TaphephobiaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:56 pm:
Hey, I guess I just wanted to say I saw something about you having a rough life in your comments below. I'm not about to overlook that. I just wanted to let you know where God was. God was watching you the whole time, loving you, trying so hard to get to you in order to comfort you and help you. During these trials in your life, I just wanted to know, did you ever try talking to God? Did you try depending on Him? That's all He was really waiting for. The bible says if you have the faith of a mus... (more »)

jeanines replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 9:48 am :
I haven't replied to a comment in a long time but I feel yours was worth repling to. When I wrote this I was in a bad place, and at the time it's what I believed. Now looking back when I wrote this almost three years ago, I blamed God for my hardships. whilst now I thank him, and I fully believe in his presence. Now I thank him for all my troubles because  I was being tested and have come out on the other side; a better side, a side with God.   

8tephanieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 15, 2012 at 9:10 pm :
Thank you very much for replying to that. I am unbelievably happy that God has reached you in this new way and given you new hope and a new life. It's awesome to hear about someone coming to this point in their relationship with God :)

jeanines replied...
Sept. 19, 2012 at 11:51 am :
Thank you, God bless! :)

MadMouse said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm:
Well, I'm a Christian so I really disagree with you, but you're a good practical writer I think. Oh and one thing that bothers me...capitalize God. You capitalized Muhammad and Allah, please capitalize God, too. It's His name.

BOW CHICKA WOW WOW said...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 7:24 am:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COW
MOOOOOO

yellowbusbluebus

irish wristwatch

unique new york

dennis8856 said...
Sept. 21, 2010 at 7:20 am:
This is the best peice of literature I have read in 7 years and 94 days and I'm not just saying that cuz me and Jeanies are BFFLs

anonymous said...
Jun. 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm:
Christianity was never a new religion. God and Jesus have always been. So in a sense, the Apostles were never spreading a "new" religion, just one that the Gentiles (non-Jews) had never known before. And yes, many people thought they were crazy.  In fact so many people thought they were crazy and evil, that all but one of the Apostles were martyrs. Now you're probably saying to yourself, well, why would God, if He's so loving, why would He allow that to happen? Because God's all knowi... (more »)

Deegirl replied...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 5:54 pm :

I agree that sin did make the bad stuff happen. Cuz when Adam and Eve were placed on Earth, everything was perfect. All they had to do was leave the tree alone, and get on with their life. God was closer to them then ever, but they chose to run from Him. All because they wanted the tree of good and evil.

God doesnt want things bad to happen, although anything bad he can change to good.

Genya This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm :
It's interesting, however, that they gained knowledge, and that's why they were kicked out.

bookthief This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:28 pm :
Doesn't that say something about the way knowledge and religion are related? It wasn't called the fruit of sin.

BlueRain replied...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:16 pm :
Pretty poor knowledge too. "I'm naked, and she's naked. We're both naked, and now we need clothes." It's such a revelation. I think they should have gotten a refund.

Crying_Tears said...
May 25, 2010 at 10:56 am:
Believing in a God and choosing to follow a religion is not "following the way the wind blows".

ZadaRox101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7, 2010 at 10:20 am:
If that's what you belive, you're the only person who's sane and the rest of the world is insane. But for me, I'd rather be known as a crazy lunatic and live for something, namely Jesus Christ, than to live a meaningless life that means absolutly nothing in the long run. I'm on my way to Heaven. Where are you going?

jeanines replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 4:28 pm :
alright well thats wat u think and everyone is intitled 2 their opinion. but just b/c i dont believe in a "god" dosent make my life meaningless or not worth living. i see beauty all around on the world thats not nothing, ive traveled 2 the other side of the world and expeirence new cultures which is priceless, and i believe in higher power and things from multiple religons, i believe there is a heaven but i dont think that god is the proper termination[at least not 4 me].

jeanines replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 4:35 pm :
oh and if you live for jesus christ then thats almost diappointing to hear because there are soooo many things on and out of this earth to look forward to no matter what you believe and believeing in "god" dosent change that. faith is what u make as a person not what you are told, and i grew up as a jewish girl but realized there different things to look at bot just one thing like  "god"

ZadaRox101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 6:03 pm :
Might I ask you why not? Every religion has a "god" of some sort. Why do you pick and choose from certain religions, but not choose a "god"?

jeanines replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 9:08 pm :
well thats a good question and the answer is that no exact thing is believable 2 me and some things i almost ina a way like. and there are alot of great things in different religons that i think are true. and god is just to strog of word 4 me 2 use, thats y i say higher powers(s)

Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:23 am :
Higher powers...angels demons? What exactly? By saying you pick and choose from different things means that your in a sense creating you own "religion", correct? Butif you're only (however old), what was truth before you were born? If your way is truth are you the ONLY person in history to have found it? And were all of the millions of people before doomed to begin with? Not to be rude, but your logic doesn't make sense.

jeanines replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 7:07 am :
exactly y i never tell ppl, b/c i kw it sounds crazy. it honestly dosent make any sense but its what I believe in. and im not trying to convince any1 to start this as a new religon, i just wanted tell let ppl kw that u dont need an exact religon to have a faith. and yeah so what if i picky and chose, is it a sin 2 be picky?

when new religons came [im not starting a new religon] dont u think ppl thought they were crazy 2? like jesus was a jew, and his followers after he died spread th... (more »)