Ignorance

I have one simple question. Why does everybody hate Islamics (Muslims)? I have 2 friends at school, one Christian, one Islamic. When we're together, they get alomg fine, but when we're apart, my christian friend goes off about how Muslims are terrorists and deserve to die. Why do people feel that? Yeah. The terrorists that bombed NYC were Islam. But not all Muslims are terrorists!
We were discussing 9/11 in my class and everyone was going off about how it's "all the stupid Muslims" when our friend is sitting right there! He was so upset, he called home and got checked out of school that day. It irritates me to know end when people judge people by their religion or the people in that religion by what others do. Please people, don't be so ignorant!!!

LaReSt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 8:54 am
That is frustrating. Your friend is someone who is different and sometimes discrimination comes along with being different. He should just be himself regardless. And tell your other friend to stop being two-faced

angelic_powers said...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 9:14 am
Its a very sorry state that the mentality of the people cannot be changed. Maximum of the people feels that being muslim is the sign of hatred,wild minds and being part of islam is being part of terrorism too. My best friend is a muslim and though our religions dont match all the other important things like social values, respect for other religions, bringing up have a long similar way. Islamics are very religious people and i believe, like other religions of the world the Islam too dont sup... (more »)