I'm an Atheist

I absolutely dont believe in god. Why does everyone have faith in this "higher being" called god? If this god is such a perect being, then why is the world such a terrible plce to live in? We are living in a world full of rapes, murders, and so many more terrible things. People always say god helped me become a better person and a great parent or sibling. No god didn't help you. You helped yourself become a better person. God didn't just magically cast a spell on you to become a better person.
On the other hand, I think religion has given people hope. And maybe for some people religon is something that helps them. But I am an atheist and will always be this way.

1Corinthians13:4_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The world is not a terrible place. It is a beutiful piece of art. And although so many terrible things happen its not god who made the terrible thinmgs happen people did. god gave people free choice. And no its not god magicly casting a spell on you it is God making an impact on your life and helping you go through things. If there is no God then how could this world be formed ? God's "magical spell" makes a whole lot more sense than the world poofing out of thin air and littl emo... (more »)

LinzGirly4 said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 10:15 am
amazing! im one too :)

AngelGal07 said...
very true shelly........ even though the world is a terrible place with all of the horrable things but god is real and he does know what is going on. god hears the crys of the people but many people dont know that he is there and he does what to help but people just ignore him, he want them to ecept the most presouise gift he has given to everyone only if they are willing to take the gift. and that gift is everlasting life...... from the blood of the man that did not sin who died for everyones w... (more »)

shelly said...
I understand what you're saying and yes it is hard for people to grasp the concept of giving thanks to someone who you can't see and that (you think) causes bad thing to happen.
But my faith in god is so big it's rediculous. you're right though god didn't cast some spell on me. i needed god so much at one point in my life i needed his grace and mercy to pull me out of the pit of dispair i was in and he did. i can't do anything by myself and i have never been ... (more »)