Religion......is it worth losing the one you love?

What religion are you? Catholic, Christian, Islamic, Lutheran, Wiccan? Does it really matter?
You may meet a Jewish person and befriend them. Then you may meet a Christian who doesn't like Jewish people. Do you befriend them because you don't care about their religion?
What if you meet a girl and date her? You've been with me for 2 years and you've told me that you love me. You ask me if I'd go to church with you because your family is Catholic. I say I can't and of course you ask why. I say I practice Wiccan and don't go to church. You're in awe. You know Wiccan is witchcraft. You become scared that I might curse you if you make me mad. I tell you you're being ridiculous. Religion shouldn't matter if you love someone for who they are. You decide to tell your parents and they freak. They tell you, your not allowed to see me anymore. You run to your room and call me. I answer in tears, and you tell me what happened. I cry harder and says that your parents are cruel and so are you. I hang up on you and you put the phone down slowly. You can't believe what happened. You just lost the one you truely loved all because of religion. You see me the next day at school and tell me that you still love me and that I was right. You shouldn't judge someone based on religion. So you kiss me and ask if you can ever make it up to me. I say you can buy me dinner.

Littlebit said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 4:07 pm:
Devil worshiping? I prefer worshiping God. The devil didn't create me.

monster-chick-14 replied...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:48 pm :
devil worshiping? i didnt say anything about devil worshiping

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 7:52 am :
she is refering to Wicca as devil worshipping (i think) wich iy isn't. Wiccans don't believe in the devil.

ellie315 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 11:54 pm :
Anything that doesn't honor/worship God is automatically worshipping the opposite. Witchcraft is traditionally a sign of demonic power, though I understand it is not traditionally a Wiccan idea.

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 10:58 am :
I'm Wiccan we don't believe in the devil, and our number one rule is Harm None. i don't see how that could be evil or Demonic. for god is it like if your not with me your against me?

Aug. 26, 2011 at 5:01 pm :
I understand that Wicca is not a demonic religion - I am sorry if the comment insinuated that I thought that. I wouldn't say necessarily against but yes, that is the jist of it.

andromeda13 replied...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:50 pm :
so basiccly if your not with God your against him???

BlueRain replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 5:44 pm :
Wicca = Worship of the Earth. That is the main idea. Not all Wiccans go with witchcraft. And when you think about it, Earth = the Christian god's prized creation. So what is so wrong with wanting to take care of it? You can all go and wait for Jesus to return while we protect his animals and his people and his Earth.

Nuclearnerd said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 2:12 pm:
I understand what you're saying here. I hope that someday in the future, people can except each other for the kind of person and not their faith. I'm actually an atheist myself, and my family (not my parents) is made up of mostly catholics. I'm am on good terms with all of them. I have a Christian friend (who doesn't actually go to church) and a Buddhist friend  from Thailand and none of us really care what religion the other is. I just want people to get along, regardless of what they... (more »)

GinryuStargazer said...
Jun. 10, 2010 at 9:13 pm:
Christianity, never fit out fro me. Now I was shunned by my parents. I am a mixture of every religion, thoguh I say my base is Pagan since the olnly god I believe in for sure is Gaia (the personification for the earth)

Spenser This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:44 pm :
There's a term for what you are, it's called "Unitarian" or "Universalist".

LifeWriter13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah. I understand completely where this always comes into play. But just because of our own familys beliefs, we shouldn't be just like them in thast way. Sure they play this huge role in our lives of teach waht is right. but how can a silly thing like religion play such a huge part. No one knows for sure what happened when earth started or if there really is a all higher power. But I am sorry. This sounds like an actual experience that occured to you. Even if not, to anyonet his happens to, rem... (more »)

monster-chick-14 replied...
Apr. 30, 2010 at 9:37 am :
it did happen, not exactly the same way, but something like it

SeraphimTalmidim replied...
Dec. 26, 2010 at 6:05 am :
LifeWriter13, you say that how can religion play a HUGE part of a person's life. Well it does for me and my family. But we don't call it "religion", we call it a deep connection to God. A relationship to our Creator. I can understand why your confused, I've been there before. There are so many religions these days that people get way too confused which is the true one. But if you use your heart and mind, you'll find who is real and who is not.

Jose4Jesus said...
Oh, im sorry to hear that~I'll be your friend!:)  hahas, I used to love Vacation Bible School. Now i teach as a teenage counselor during that one week. :)

monster-chick-14 replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 9:46 pm :
haha, yay!!!! and thats really cool! i think thats great that you volunteer

Jose4Jesus said...
I don't know. I'm a Christian and I have many friends of many different religious backrounds. Of course I love them so i want them to have the joy that I have but Christianity is a free gift, and I cant and wouldnt force anyone to accept it. I don't think that Christians who truely understand Christianity would reject anyone of any backround since our God is the God of love and grace. I'm so sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching or anything!) :]

monster-chick-14 replied...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 11:46 am :
oh no it doesnt at all! lol im glad you can see what i was trying to get across to some people. im actually Wiccan and not a lot of people like me because of it. i did lose a few boyfriends that had become my very best friends. but they dumped me when i said id never gone to church and didnt really plan on it. my family is a big mix of different religions. i have gone to church now, but it was Vacation Bible School over the summer

Jaida said...
i agree:) but i hoped that it was this easy in my society .. islamics cant marry christians whteva we did and the opposite way round and i cant help it we simply love people for their personality not for their religion