I'll never be like you.

By , Kalamazoo, MI
No matter how hard you try, you can't hide that disgusting smell on your clothes. That repulsive odor that I catch when you walk by. It smells of lies to her and one night stands of which I am too "holy to understand". I won't spit game at every woman that walks by in a tight shirt, I refuse to make "getting lucky" a priority.
Unknown to you, it's impossible to have sex without having sex with someone else. That someone else is nothing but a body to you. You've traded her self-confidence for trash, for a surge of beauty that lasts one night long and depletes with a crash.
I'll never be like you. I'll never take advantage of any woman. Women were made to be counterparts of men, in the garden of Eden so many years ago, and I won't take it for granted and I won't undress her with my eyes like you do. I swear I will treat her like royalty, or at least the best I can do. I swear I will never hurt her, physically or mentally. I will be better to her than you were. I'll never do the things you did to her. I want her to feel safe and loved and know that Jesus is the source of my love.

SparaxisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12 at 3:53 pm
"Women were made to be counterparts of men." My favorite part of this article.

SunnyWinter said...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 9:35 am
That is really touching but please don't treat girls like royalty if royalty makes mistakes they are hated and sometimes killed but otherwise i think you are awesome

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dude, you're awesome. This is a great alternate perspective. We hear about how women feel in these situtations, but seldom do we hear from a man who refuses to treat girls like property-even though these men are, thankfully, getting more populous.

jeanines said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 10:59 am
this was very sweet, and almost unexspected to come out of a guy. its nice to hear that not all men think like