Mormon

i have been hearing a lot of bad things about my religion. Just because im mormon doesnt mean im not human. it just means i have a diffrent view on religous matters. also fyi we dont drink,smoke,or do anything like that because we choose not to not because we have to.

Aspiringauhor said...
Props to you for writing this! I don't think badly at all about the Mormon religion and have never understood why others do. They can do what they want to do and believe what they want to believe, it's fine by me. It's not like it affects me or anyone else directly.

silent.,.stargirl said...
i want to learn about mormon stuff. im baptist. ive never heard anything bad about them cuz i have christian friends probably but all i know is they belive in virginity and modesty and they are really godly people. but i have those same principles so.... i will research it

PeachyKeen2 said...
Thank you. I love being Mormon, it makes me so happy and I just wish people respected the things that I. and many others, believe in. I wish people had the patients to listen to us, and what we have to say instead of asking a question and then going ahead and laughing at my face for what I believe in. I'm not saying you have to belive what I do, but I just wish people would be willing to listen to. I love being LDS. I love it.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've heard both sides, but I still don't know exactly what Mormons believe.  Could you enlighten me?  I'm very interested in religions/beliefs.

I LIKE PIE replied...
If you really want to know more, go to mormon.org. 

yuka11 replied...
Basically we are Christians. We just believe that the church founded by Jesus Christ in biblical times lost a lot of the truths it had before and fell away. We believe that the gospel of Christ was restored by God through Joseph Smith and that he received a book that contained the truths that were lost and more. It was written by the ancient people of  America and contains the gospel in all its purity. It is the Book of Mormon (thus the nickname).

BlueRain replied...
On the first point, I definitely agree with you.

AALetta This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 1:04 am
I'm not Mormon but I know quite a few people who are and they're amazing people. I don't know why Mormons are judged for their beliefs, it's wrong. I totally respect the Mormon religion.

sofii said...
thank you someone who sees my point of view

Phantom_Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree. I am not a Mormon, I am a Wiccan, but one of my best friends is Mormon and I hate it when people judge Mormons because my Mormon friend is one of the nicest people I know and he NEVER judges other religions.

TeaCat replied...

Oh my goodness, I have the EXACT same story! :D

I'm Wicccan and my best friend is Mormon-- and people are horrible to him, even though he is the nicest person I've ever met!!

gaga-fan28 said...
I agree with what you're saying, but this seems like the sort of thing that in this current form would be better as a post in the forum. If you wanted to expand and explain your religion even more you could develop that into a better article.

hisarienette said...
I agree with you. I am Mormon, and I am open to other religions, so I wish that people could be open with mine. Though I live in Utah, there are a lot of mormons who don't do what the religion says, and then there are non-mormons who have all our same values. So i really don't think religion matters, but rather the way you live your life. I think people shouldn't judge us by the negative labels we've been given. We all have our own beliefs, and we should all respect each others.

contrygurl replied...
Wow thanks! I totally know that feeling! Wow ur so lucky to live in Utah! Well thanks again!

1Corinthians13:4_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Don't think I'm judging you or discriminationg you in any way but I do not agree with your mormon religion. I a chrisian and just like you i dont drink smoke curse or anything becaus I love Jesus and I liv him and don't want to disapoint him. But the thought that we, imperfecet humans who sin, can become a God is not right. God is hte only perfecet human/thing. NO HUMAN ON THIS EARTH CAN BE PERFET WE ALL SIN> Romans 3:23 says for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of... (more »)

Imaginedangerous This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I disagree with you on prinicple (because I'm Mormon), but I just wanted to say thank you for disagreeing in a civil manner. Most people don't.

Mickie-Heart replied...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 9:20 am
he bible and the book of mormon do coincide. the book of mormo is just a continuation on the bible.the whole truth is there with the bible and book of mormon.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I don't think Mormons are bad people, and I do know that many of them are so nice etc.  I don't agree that the book of Mormon coincides with the Bible.  But I'm willing to try and understand Mormon beliefs.  I think it's good to be educated on other religions.

Inspiration replied...
Arguing about religion is pointless. Saying that only one religion is right is just like saying only blond people are right. (Hitler reference)

contemplater replied...
Saying that one religion is right is like saying everything falls in only one direction.